BBC are unbiased?

According to Beeb website - The Record says Beeb have apologised for 1 thing already today:

This did make me smirk tho!! :)

But the Thompson picture is unnacceptable and I hope the club sue (sp) over this

Dont see the problem with the Sebo comment. Just a joke that people mya or may not find funny imo.

Guys on FF going nuts and saying its racist is just embarrassing. PC gone mad. Although I guess we have the likes of Blair to blame for that in this country. Any kind of joke, comment or offensive word can immediately be labelled racist. Ridiculous.

Dont see the problem with the Sebo comment. Just a joke that people mya or may not find funny imo.

Guys on FF going nuts and saying its racist is just embarrassing. PC gone mad. Although I guess we have the likes of Blair to blame for that in this country. Any kind of joke, comment or offensive word can immediately be labelled racist. Ridiculous.

Yeah the Sebo comment wasnt exactly offensive and can be considered a proper joke. If it was about a Celtic player id would be seen as funny from all our fans.

I can look beyond it being offensive and find it funny.

But the Thompson picture is from someone bitter and has used an offensive word in all terms and cant be considered anything else than wrongful abuse.

I hope the club gets involved with this as its unacceptable language.

I would say its very fortunate this was discovered. im guessing its purely the fault of one person who's job it was to upload the photo, but they should be made accountable.

that wasnt a joke, or tongue in cheek like the sebo joke, and like gribz said, if it wasnt a rangers player, you'd have a wee chuckle, but the thomson thing is bang out of order and should be addressed.

I wont hold my breath though...

*Taken from Sunday Mail*

FURY AFTER BEEB SLUR GERS STAR

THE BBC apologised yesterday after a four-letter slur on a new Rangers star appeared on their website.

Ibrox fans were outraged after Kevin Thomson, a new signing from Hibs, was called a "c***" in an official Beeb website report.

The insult was in a caption on a picture of the former Hibs player that appeared on the website on Friday night. It was taken down at 9am yesterday.

Gers fan Stuart Brown, 28, from Renfrew, said: "At first I thought I was seeing things as you wouldn't expect to see something like that on the BBC's website.

"It looks as though it may have been an unhappy Hibs fan having a go at Thomson for leaving their club.

"My kids look at the BBC website and I have never had any concerns because it has a good name. But something has gone badly wrong."

Midfielder Thomson, 22, joined Gers in a �£2million deal on Tuesday, angering many Hibs fans.

Yesterday, a BBC spokeswoman said: "We apologise and we will be looking into what happened."

It is the third time in a year that Rangers fans have taken offence with the BBC.

Last year, a weathergirl called Ibrox stadium "Castle Greyskull" - a derogatory term used by Celtic fans for Ibrox - in a live broadcast.

And on Wednesday, a BBC spokesman apologised after Radio Scotland presenter Richard Gordon joked that a Rangers player, Slovakian striker Filip Sebo, had been sold to "Edinburgh Zoo".

I never heard about the Castle Greyskull comment - that is unbelievable that someone would say that - did she have any action taken against her ?

Castle Greyskull is an old one Craig in fact i think we have accepted it and turned it round as a possitive, and now call it that ourselves. It gives us room to call Ibrox a fortress and the tims Skeletor, Hordak and the Snake Men. Maybe a Glasgow based person can confirm that.

Castle Greyskull is an old one Craig in fact i think we have accepted it and turned it round as a possitive, and now call it that ourselves. It gives us room to call Ibrox a fortress and the tims Skeletor, Hordak and the Snake Men. Maybe a Glasgow based person can confirm that.

I understand the meaning and I knew they called it that - I just hadn't heard of that particular incident with the weathergirl Pete.

I understand the meaning and I knew they called it that - I just hadn't heard of that particular incident with the weathergirl Pete.

I remember watching the news followed by the weather that night and thinking 'did I hear that right, Castle Greyskull?'

I found it funny! :D

Paranoia caused by an over-reaction to an imagined perception of unjustness can't be applied here.

When coupled with the weather comments, the stupid joke about Sebo and now this unacceptable description of Thomson, this isn't a perception but a fact that BBC Scotland at least seem to be condoning some sort of continual anti-Rangers feelings.

Now, I don't think these incidents are as dangerous or as offensive as some would make out but at the same time we should just bend over and accept them.

We all pay our licence fee for a neutral, quality product from the BBC. I don't think any of us are getting that and it's not like saying "Ach just stop buying that paper". That's not possible.

Even taking away the Rangers\Celtic issue it is totally unacceptable behaviour to apply such language on the beeb website. The Sebo and Greyskull remark had a certain degree of humour but the Thomson photo is just blatent biasedness