Yikes, Jig determined to play on for us

he is the worst centre half I have ever seen at Ibrox and that includes the several PLG tried

Lee McCulloch has a challenger for that accolade in the form of Bilel Mohsni, but the real problem with having either or both of them in that position is that neither of them are actually centre halfs and it's really showed big time this season against better opposition than we've faced in lower leagues. In fairness, I think Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall probably foreseen this situation (along with the rest of us!) and that's why they signed McGregor and Zaliukas as alternative options, but the bottom line is that the only defender from all four happens to be McGregor and even he isn't Rangers standard if we're really blunt about it.

Edited by Zappa

Lee McCulloch has a challenger for that accolade in the form of Bilel Mohsni, but the real problem with having either or both of them in that position is that neither of them are actually centre halfs and it's really showed big time this season against better opposition than we've faced in lower leagues. In fairness, I think Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall probably foreseen this situation (along with the rest of us!) and that's why they signed McGregor and Zaliukas as alternative options, but the bottom line is that the only defender from all four happens to be McGregor and even he isn't Rangers standard if we're really blunt about it.

Why have a go at Moshni? He's hardly played this season.

McCoist signed Zaliukas & Mcgregor(both CB's) but persisted with McCulloch at CB. Total madness. McCulloch is a liability in defence.He is too slow & cannot read a game. He got away with it in the part-time leagues but not this season.

Did you see the goal we conceded yesterday? A ball into the box which should have been meat 'n' drink for any decent CB. But not oor Jig.A guy makes a run in front of him & heads the ball off our post and another nets the rebound. Any decent CB would attack the ball coming into the box but Jig is not a CB.

Whilst we're not great at CB I still think our biggest problem is middle to front i.e. not scoring enough goals

I don't care what combination McCall uses, as long as it's without McCulloch. We have to stop shipping stupid goals. we are leaking goals and to match that we cannot score any either.

How many combinations of the back 4 have we used this season? any stattos out there?

Why have a go at Moshni? He's hardly played this season.

McCoist signed Zaliukas & Mcgregor(both CB's) but persisted with McCulloch at CB. Total madness. McCulloch is a liability in defence.He is too slow & cannot read a game. He got away with it in the part-time leagues but not this season.

Did you see the goal we conceded yesterday? A ball into the box which should have been meat 'n' drink for any decent CB. But not oor Jig.A guy makes a run in front of him & heads the ball off our post and another nets the rebound. Any decent CB would attack the ball coming into the box but Jig is not a CB.

Whilst we're not great at CB I still think our biggest problem is middle to front i.e. not scoring enough goals

Did you see the goal on Tuesday? Moshni made a right arse of it and is a bombscare.

We'd be as well playing no striker.

Ryan Hardie is scoring for fun in the u20's, and Gallagher scored twice in their last match. Boyd must be two stone overweight (unbelievable that a professional athlete can allow himself to get into that state, ignoring the role of management and sports scientist etc. in that), Miller's legs have gone, no shame in that, but age has caught up to him, and Clark is just currently ineffective. Could either of those two boys do any worse?

But back to McCulloch for a moment or two, it is absolutely apparent that he has no positional sense for the CB role. I lost count of the number of times that McGregor covered for him and that's McGregor who I view as a rather ordinary player. McCulloch's defensive headers are abysmal - take a look and note that virtually every header goes higher than longer. He cannot close down the attacker but seems to stick to what he considers to be his position.

The entire team is unable to compress the play due to fitness, or lack thereof, and the team does not drift, but rather maintains their rigid backwards and forwards position (i.e. no team movement sideways towards the danger). If the attacking player plays a Paul Scholes 50 yarder, then fair play, but more often than not they are going to give away possession from the Hollywood pass. For me, there were very few positives to take from the game, - the team started well and after the first 15 minutes I thought we were going to put 5 or 6 past Livingston, Robinson did well in goals and Walsh looks an exciting player. Wallace did fine in the first half, (best I've seen him this season), but like the rest of the team, the Murray Park vacation club has ensured that the players are blowing out their arses before half time.

For me, the Newcastle players are unlikely to play for us (per McCall's comments) which means that you are left with the youngsters. We must regain control of the midfield, so I would like to see a 4 - 5 - 1 formation, with Gallagher on the right, Walsh on the left and Hardie as the lone striker. Take your pick at CB, as long as McCulloch is not one of those.