Possible Dates for the 3rd Semi-Annual Gersnet Dinner

I will try to come back to this next weekend with a poll for venue.

Aside from Malaga Tapas, I know of the Sherbrooke Hotel (which will be expensive), Bellahouston Hotel, and googling have found The Balcony Cafe, Punjab Indian Restaurant, Bella Fresca all on PRW, House for an Art Lover on Dumbreck and Bella Vita on Mosspark Blvd.

I'll investigate to see which if any could accommodate us.

Please post any others and any you don't think should be considered.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I've just realised that for those fortunate enough to benefit from it, the 23rd is a bank holiday weekend.

Perhaps we should just go with the 16th come what may (excuse the pun)?

Fair point MB but the problem is that if we finish second we will be away on that date.

What we could do then is if we set on the 16th and it happens that we do finish second, we could hold the dinner on the Sunday if the game is on the Saturday and vice versa?

Fair point MB but the problem is that if we finish second we will be away on that date.

What we could do then is if we set on the 16th and it happens that we do finish second, we could hold the dinner on the Sunday if the game is on the Saturday and vice versa?

Either that or we come (back) to Glasgow for the dinner with a slightly later start on the Saturday?

I will try to come back to this next weekend with a poll for venue.

Aside from Malaga Tapas, I know of the Sherbrooke Hotel (which will be expensive), Bellahouston Hotel, and googling have found The Balcony Cafe, Punjab Indian Restaurant, Bella Fresca all on PRW, House for an Art Lover on Dumbreck and Bella Vita on Mosspark Blvd.

I'll investigate to see which if any could accommodate us.

Please post any others and any you don't think should be considered.

Not the Sherbrooke or Bellahouston Hotels. I don't want to eat hotel food. Art Lover is excellent but probably a bit highbrow for us.

I can't comment on the others but Malaga is great because we get our own part of the restaurant. Not too many other places would do that on a Sat night.

Either that or we come (back) to Glasgow for the dinner with a slightly later start on the Saturday?

Would probabaly need to be 7.30pm then rather than 5.30pm and we will most likely have a problem getting a restaurant to do it on a Saturday night unless they have private accommodation.

Or hold it in Edinburgh which might suit some, again the problem is that we may not know for sure until the 2nd of May.

This is not easy.

Not the Sherbrooke or Bellahouston Hotels. I don't want to eat hotel food. Art Lover is excellent but probably a bit highbrow for us.

I can't comment on the others but Malaga is great because we get our own part of the restaurant. Not too many other places would do that on a Sat night.

I agree with those comments, BD but didn't want to be seen to prejudge.

Malaga tapas does have a lot going for it in terms of food, service, price and accommodation and the fact that they have done it successfully twice now; but I wanted to present choices if possible.

Have a look at Tropeiro on Argyle St BH, Brazilian "Churascaria" or BBQ. Plenty meat and a buffet style salad/sides bar.

I will and was at one called Rioz in Myrtle Beach last month which was good but pricey; however as discussed previously, the plan was to be as close to Ibrox as possible. If we opt for the town then there are more than 1,000 options. If I recall city centre was felt to be a good option for a pub night but perhaps not for an after match dinner.