McCall will Make Changes Tomorrow

Today I was told that players had told Kenny the simply didn't care if we won and they didn't want to train.

Mccoll may have a very limited number of actually motivated players.

When was this? Since the 1st of August.

We won 17 of our first 20 games. Is that right? So more recently.

Misleading stat really, our performances have been atrocious all season, earlier on we just seemed able to get away with a result more often. And that still involved us getting beat by our two closest challengers at home.

Should also give consideration to bringing McKay back too (if possible). I would give McKay and Walsh a go on either side to give us more width - the problem with that is that they have NOTHING to aim towards. Daly or Boyd ?? Immobile. Miller ? Pretty much done. The central midfield pairing of Hutton and Law (or even Black) ? Nosebleed when they cross the halfway line.

Wingers are impotent if they have nothing to work with. Walsh looked more than decent again on Saturday other than a few errors of judgement - plenty of confidence and flicks and tricks to get the ball to Wallace (particularly 2nd half) - his final ball was lacking - but even if it wasn't he was aiming at nothing - nobody from midfield made the effort (other than Vuckic) to get into the box.

If McCulloch MUST play, I'd stick him up front, with Clark playing off him, has to be better than Miller, Daly or Boyd.

May not be possible tomorrow night if Faure is out then McGregor is all we have left at RB unless one of the kids which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edit: having read the other thread, perhaps Sinammon at RB with McGregor and Zaliukas at CB?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Every time McCulloch plays, disillusionment grows, hope fades and morale drops. That's how bad things are.

Folk want change. They are tired of seeing an ageing player being an apparent fixture in the side.

The longer McCall keeps him in the team, the more people will distrust the new manager's judgement.

Edited by Hildy

Every time McCulloch plays, disillusionment grows, hope fades and morale drops. That's how bad things are.

Folk want change. They are tired of seeing an ageing player being an apparent fixture in the side.

The longer McCall keeps him in the team, the more people will distrust the new manager's judgement.

I felt it was not good enough to just click "agree" for this excellent post that sums up my, and IMO a huge number of Bears, feelings on this subject. Well said Hildy!

Today I was told that players had told Kenny the simply didn't care if we won and they didn't want to train.

Mccoll may have a very limited number of actually motivated players.

If there is a shred of truth in that then why did Kenny continue to pick them - that would be grounds for dismissal for the players and management.

who else to pick. also worth noting he did drop some players.

As you are close to Kenny on this one why did he not make it public like he did with the Newcastle boys. It would have gained him some sympathy from the fans...Instead he looks like he was happy to go along with destroying our season.