McCall retains Promotion belief

Pesonally I feel that Liam Kelly will turn out to the best keeper of the lot.

Whether that's with us long term, I doubt.

Good luck to the lad but it's a colossal step up from U20 to the first team not just at Rangers but every club

Good luck to the lad but it's a colossal step up from U20 to the first team not just at Rangers but every club

He could step into the team right now and be absolutely fine.

He's confident, assured and commands his area well.

I just think he will go on to have the better career in football, out of the current keepers we have. He is excellent already, but has great potential to go far.

Edited by MoodyBlue

its an old record but the third division was where these young lads should have been making their mistakes and getting the experience. in our current state it is hard for youngsters when the experienced guys are so woeful..

So why replace him for the game vs Alloa then ?

Why are you quoting me as if I am suggesting he should have been ? I wasn't a proponent of replacing him at all. If you actually read what I have posted on this subject you will find that I was saying that Robinson had performed well enough to retain his spot.

McCall confident he can turn Rangers' results around

From SSN.

Rangers' new boss Stuart McCall is confident they can still secure promotion and is looking at Tim Sherwood's turnaround at Aston Villa for inspiration.

The new gaffer and Ibrox old boy has not enjoyed instant success, witnessing two draws at home in his first two games with his new charges - 1-1 against Livingston on Saturday followed by a 2-2 result against Alloa on Tuesday.

McCall said: "I always look back at Tim Sherwood's start at Aston Villa. He got beaten in his first game at Stoke - last-minute goal - went to Newcastle, got beat, and then won three on the bounce and they're flying with confidence. Football can change quickly."

But the former Rangers star, who won six Scottish titles as a player with the club, will know his reputation will count for nothing if he cannot quickly emulate Sherwood's impact at Villa.

McCall said: "To become the 14th Rangers manager in the history of 142 years is incredible really. It's been a whirlwind, you're just thrown into two games in quick succession.

"Obviously not the results I would have liked but I knew it's a massive, massive challenge and is one that I'm relishing and looking forward to."The other night against Alloa there was a lot of improvement in certain areas. The more we can work together, obviously, the better we'll get, but it's got to be forced into a short space of time.

"We've got to get up and running and do it very quickly. We're in a poor run of form at the moment; probably since November there's not been any real consistency, good performances or results, so it's a huge turnabout needed but I certainly believe it's one that we are capable of doing."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9766320/mccall-confident-he-can-turn-rangers-results-around?

It's a huge task and going to be very difficult to get promotion, but I like McCall's positivity because we can definitely still do it.

His positivity will rub off on the players and and hopefully on the fans too because we have our part to play in encouraging the team to victories.

Berating the players too much during and at the end of matches is counter-productive.