McCall retains Promotion belief

he has brought no change whatsoever

the team selections have been awful

he even changed GK - who incidentally was awful last night.

ANYTHING other than dropping the clown who is central to how piss poor we are.

OK, what would your team for last night have been? And why do you think a manager who has proven himself over 3 seasons as the best manager in the country didn't choose the team you did?

OK, what would your team for last night have been? And why do you think a manager who has proven himself over 3 seasons as the best manager in the country didn't choose the team you did?

sorry who is this?

I wouldn't have dropped a keeper who wasn't really doing anything wrong.

I'd have played zaliukous/mcgregor together and played the youth right back.

I'd have clark and gallacher up front

midfield is a huge problem so i'd just have went for the energy the youth players like walsh and murdoch have brought and shunted law to the right wing and divested him of any responsibility in the centre.

we'd still have huge problems but there might have been a freshness/energy to the team.

Right now he will need a a large supply of band aid to make a promotion team out of this lot.

Who would you retain in the side on merit?

Faure (maybe but injured) McGregor, Zaliukas (also injured now), Wallace, Walsh, Murdoch, Clark, Vukic (also injured).

I thought Shiels looked better tonight and if Law keeps driving forward perhaps.

But we are short at RB, CB, CMF and striker.

Surely only injuries can keep McCulloch in the team and Black, Boyd and Miller cannot start any more matches.

I would go with Daly (as the best of a bad lot) to partner Clark.

Heard on the radio that Walsh is really a no. 10 so he would be worth a try behind Clark if we have another wide man, Templeton perhaps if he can be persuaded to pass a ball.

Contrast with Hibs, QoS and Falkirk all with settled teams playing controlled passing football.

I fear for us against Hibs.

Zaliukas ? Bomb Scare. Slow, horrid technique and not as strong as needs to be.

McGregor is about the only CB we should consider keeping, unless moving Faure beside him, which would be a far sight better than persevering with Jig. McGregor and Faure could actually work well together. Wallace ? Surprised I am saying this but based on what I saw last week when at the games I would get shot of him - absolutely zero determination to get back and cover when a player has escaped him on the wing. Last Tuesday night I witnessed him giving the ball away and, as the QotS winger sprinted down the touchline, Wallace was faced upfield in the direction of Tom Walsh, clearly blaming Walsh for Wallace's own errant pass. His subsequent attempt to get back at the winger was pitiful, he literally jogged back (or Jig at full pace :D) and clearly didn't care that the winger was bearing down on our penalty box.

Walsh - definitely. This kid has a very bright future IF he can continue his recent displays, but we must temper our expectations as he will undoubtedly be inconsistent. In the two games I managed to attend (which started out exciting and ended deflated as per the norm)

Murdoch - young so makes sense to keep. That said, the one performance I watched him in (hardly a good indicator) he was mediocre and pretty much anonymous - could be the people he was playing beside though....

Clark - yes. Deserves a chance and a decent run of games. At least gives you the effort you want to see.

Vuckic - unlikely we will retain him. One of our better performers in the last two games and our most direct, potent attacking threat (although he does overdo it on occasion, but some of that is due to having no options).

Law ? Imposter in my opinion. Huff and puff with very little end product. Poor first touch, runs into blind alleys and just generally flatters to deceive.

Daly is horrible. Every bit as bad as Boyd and Miller. Very, very little effort last Tuesday and left all the donkey work to Clark, whilst doing nothing himself. Not even an attacking threat. I would bring in Hardie from the youths and give him a run, or Gallagher who actually plays as a striker too. I wouldn't give Boyd, Miller OR Daly a start, all are done.

The reality is that we need a complete overhaul. By complete I mean you could count on the fingers of one hand who should actually be kept.

As his first two games came back to back with really no time at all to get to work with the players, I will reserve judgement on McCall for now as we all know that he inherited a squad totally lacking in confidence, with players hiding in games, or going through the motions without putting in a maximum effort, and with senior players who should be nailed on for starting slots all underperforming, but probably had to be given a chance to impress.

He now has 5 days before Sundays trip to Easter Road to work on these players, watch more videos of our earlier games, get reports from U20 coaches on our fringe players, and to try to build the confidence up a bit, although that usually happens by winning games, not often by training sessions.

McCulloch, Boyd, Law, Daly, Miller, Black, should all be told they wont feature any more. They have completely failed and while most have been good players at some point, all have been guilty of not being anywhere good enough for us this season (and in some cases for many seasons - Jig).

There are no lack of options, only a lack of guts if the manager plays the above lot again. I watched Nicky Law quite closely last night and he went into hiding at all times, never looked for the ball, looked to get rid of it quickly without taking into account that the player he was passing to was marked and would be unable to do anything with it, and generally jogged around the park. I do not remember one tackle he put in all night, for a centre midfielder playing against a team that floods the midfield and plays very compact between the width of the box that is almost impossible.

Jig costs the first goal by diving in unneccassarily at a throw in he had no chance of getting, was turned by the Alloa player, and the break leads to the free kick that they score from. Jig is marking nobody at the resultant free kick, just pointing at everyone else to mark the opponents while he stands in the middle doing nothing. That is not a one-off either, he does it every time, every week.

I thought Cammy Bell was at fault for the second goal as he had no need to come out into no mans land and make it easy for the striker to lift it over him. He was never going to score from that angle under some pressure if Bell had stayed in his goal, but some ring-rust is to be expected. Not sure where Jig was, but he clearly wasn't in the right place to prevent the goal, which is his job.

There were some decent signs of roots coming through. I liked the tactical change to a back 3 to chase the game and create some width. I liked the way he forced Walsh to come right over to the touchline to try to spread the Alloa back line when we didnt have the ball and the ball was over the other side. I was unsure of Shiels playing so deep but he was probably our best player albeit he fell out the game for a spell (perhaps expected given his lack of game time). I liked Clark playing right up top and getting into the box more often, and he took his goals well.

I am going to Edinburgh on Sunday, I dont know why exactly (habit more than anything) but there is absolutely no excuse now for McCall to be playing Jig and his band of losers. When the team is announced an hour before kick off, we will all know if he has a chance of becoming permanent Rangers manager or not by his selection more than the result.

McCall did this on Saturday too in the 2nd half. Walsh had drifted inside when play was on the Govan stand side... McCall screamed at him (in a positive way, just so he could be heard) to come right onto the touchline on the main stand side - and, had we ANY players who had any vision that could play a pass of 40 yards, then Walsh would have been in behind and off to the races because Livvy were playing very narrow at the back.

Sadly nobody could even see the acres of space Walsh had over that side, let alone find him with a pass.

he has brought no change whatsoever

the team selections have been awful

he even changed GK - who incidentally was awful last night.

ANYTHING other than dropping the clown who is central to how piss poor we are.

Huh ?

No change whatsoever but changed GK ? :P

McCall did this on Saturday too in the 2nd half. Walsh had drifted inside when play was on the Govan stand side... McCall screamed at him (in a positive way, just so he could be heard) to come right onto the touchline on the main stand side - and, had we ANY players who had any vision that could play a pass of 40 yards, then Walsh would have been in behind and off to the races because Livvy were playing very narrow at the back.

Sadly nobody could even see the acres of space Walsh had over that side, let alone find him with a pass.

That said the kid was correct because when the ball came out of defence from the corner he was nowhere near it as you say because the pass was dreadful.

Zaliukas ? Bomb Scare. Slow, horrid technique and not as strong as needs to be.

Mohsni IS a bomb scare.

You can't compare (and I know you weren't directly) Zaliukas with Mohsni.

Marius Zaliukas had a very good career with Hearts latterly as captain and has 25 caps for Lithuania. IMHO he is a composed defendeer but sometimes misses out due to lack of concentration and can commit rash tackles as a result. Sorry to say he is about as good as it gets right now for us. McGregor and Zaliukas is our best combination at CB.

While I agree McGregor is one of our best defenders at this moment if it was financially feasible i would let him go as well. I think he will be found wanting in the premier league as he is getting away with last second tackles at this level. Preferably get some money for him though.

One thing worried me about Murdoch on Tuesday was that one of the Alloa players sprinted away from him with the ball at his feet leaving him about 4 yards behind within about 20 yards. I don't know whether the Alloa player was super fast or Murdoch is super slow. It did worry me though.

Huh ?

No change whatsoever but changed GK ? :P

I meant in terms of results/performances.

where he has tinkered i.e. the GK made absolutely no sense.

If he'd come in and dropped every first team regular and played the entire under 20 team , that would have made more sense.

and he'd have gotten full support as would a team full of youths.

watching the same plodders go through the same motions is beyond a joke now.