We’ll stick to our guns

Time to step up Gers.

From Hibeez.

FRASER Fyvie insists Hibernian will not alter their bold style as they seek to complete a clean sweep against Rangers this weekend that would put them in a commanding position for second spot.

The Easter Road outfit, who lost in extra-time to Rangers in the Petrofac Training Cup back in August, have already racked up a hat-trick of victories over the Ibrox side in the league.

With a six-point lead over the Ibrox strugglers, they know a fourth triumph could be enough to see them effectively clinch the runner-up position that would earn them the advantage of a bye into the promotion play-off semi-finals.

Alan Stubbs’ side go into Sunday’s encounter buoyed by seven successive league and cup wins, while Stuart McCall’s team are seeking just a second success since January 10.

And Fyvie believes Hibs will not be trying to do anything differently for the visit of the fallen Old Firm giants, despite the magnitude of the match.

He said: “It’s obviously a big game but we’re just going into it as we would any other game, trying to win it.

“We’ll go there and enjoy our football, play the way we play and do what the manager tells us to do.

“And I’m sure we’ll be confident going into the game.”

Fyvie netted for Hibs for the first time in Saturday’s 2-0 win against Cowdenbeath and admits he is enjoying life at the club following his move back north following an unproductive spell at Wigan Athletic.

And the 21-year-old former Aberdeen midfielder hopes he can add yet more goals to his game as the Easter Road side seek success in league and Scottish Cup this season.

He added:”I think it probably shows on the pitch that I’m enjoying my football. The manager has given me licence to go and enjoy myself and play, with obviously a bit of instruction.

“I think all the lads feel free when they’re playing and the manager gives you that good feeling about going out and playing your own football.”

“It was a great result for us against Cowdenbeath and to nick a goal was brilliant.

“I should probably have scored in the previous couple of games but the first one came at the weekend and hopefully it’s the start of more.

“Of course that’s important. It’s part of the job, to get into the box.

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/football-well-stick-to-our-guns-says-fyvie.1260?

“If the midfielders can steal a few goals throughout the season that’s very important.”

It's time we stamped our authority on these types.

Edit: Tried to post link but never came up :shock:

Edit: Just noticed it's 4 lines up

Edited by Bearman
Forgot to post link again

It was the first time ever that I switched off a Rangers game before it was finished when last we met them. While I can stomach a handsome beating by a superior team, I refused to watch the dismal attempt at football displayed by those disgracing the gersey that day. You'd hope that McCall's charges can't stoop any lower.

I remember the last time we played at Easter Rd, I was thinking right Kenny show us the changes we want to see (i.e. McCulloch dropped) and I had a bit of optimism that we would see a fresh approach to our play .................. oaft how quickly my new expectations were dashed.

I almost have the same feelings going into this game too ................

McCulloch will not be dropped, I am afraid it is more of the sameness. We just need to hope the improvement in fitness plays a big role.

I will be happier if one of the younger lads gets a game up front. Anything is better than Boyd or Daly.