gers Are Paying For Toon Injured Players

Rangers fit bill for loaned Mike Ashley players

Ibrox club part-funds wages for five Newcastle United loan players even though four of them do not play as Stuart McCall admits, 'I don't know why deal was sanctioned'

By Roddy Forsyth

Cash-strapped Rangers are carrying the five Newcastle United loan players sanctioned by Mike Ashley on the Ibrox wage bill – although four are unlikely to kick a ball for the team this season.

Stuart McCall confirmed that Rangers make an undisclosed contribution to the salaries of Gael Bigirimana, Shane Ferguson and Kevin Mbabu, who have not played and are not expected to make any appearances.

Rangers also part-fund the wages for Remie Streete, who suffered a hamstring injury in his first game, and Haris Vuckic, the only loan player to earn a regular place.

Asked why Derek Llambias – the long-standing Ashley associate who remains Rangers’ chief executive, although he is currently suspended – had agreed the deal for five players when only two at most were likely to be available for any length of time, McCall said: “No. I don’t know.

“Haris has been certainly good and the more football he gets under his belt the stronger and fitter he will get. Shane has a long-standing knee injury. He had a minor setback, some fluid on his knee that swelled up, so that set him back, but I’ve been out 11 months with a knee injury and it takes you at least six weeks to get anywhere near.

“Kevin is training with us, so we might get a bit of football from him and Remi is out for two to three weeks at the moment and he’s had different muscle injuries – a hamstring and a groin – and he’s had an ear infection on top of that.

“He’s working with the medical side of it but I don’t think Remi has played lots of football over the past two years, so we didn’t have guys coming in who were hitting the ground running, being ready to play.

“Bigirimana has a medical condition that our consultant is dealing with, but he won’t play for us this season.”

McCall on Sunday takes Rangers to Easter Road, scene of a 4-0 rout by second-placed Hibernian in December, aware that his players have not taken a single league point from either of the Edinburgh sides this season.

Should Rangers lose again, they will trail Hibs by nine points – although with a game in hand – but McCall revealed that he had been inundated with inquiries from agents and players about the possibility of signing deals.

“I have already had 40 to 50 names put to me for next season, regardless of what league we are in,” he said. “Players will always want to come and play for Rangers and it won’t be for big bucks.

“I will certainly make changes on Sunday and there will be changes made for the Saturday after. I have got to try to find, quickly, enough people that can get the jersey, merit it and keep it.

“We just have such a short time span but we still have a focus, so there will be nothing downbeat. Individuals are down because they have not performed – but they still have an opportunity to make this season a success.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11486762/Rangers-fit-bill-for-loaned-Mike-Ashley-players.html

Criminal. Noun or adjective, that is the question.

I'm fairly sure that if a director of a company knowingly or recklessly embarks on a course of action which is detrimental to that company, then the director can be personally sued for any losses incurred by the company. Let's see.

I'm fairly sure that if a director of a company knowingly or recklessly embarks on a course of action which is detrimental to that company, then the director can be personally sued for any losses incurred by the company. Let's see.

The latter part would be interesting indeed.

As for the headline - and we usually can expect the worst when these people are involvled, it seems - we are none the wiser than before. "Rangers make an undisclosed contribution to the salaries" can be anything from 200 pounds to 5k a week, though I have no clue what these chaps were/are earning at an EPL team. By default, it would be the same when we send players to say Ayr United and pay most but not all their wages. Generally, you would expect that action will be taken, both with regards to how this deal came about and whether we are inclined to remain a sanatorium for those Magpies. And you will obviously want to know how much of the wage we have to cough up, even though I would expect that this will remain confidential.

Edited by der Berliner

Legally proving it is probably another matter altogether

Legally proving it is probably another matter altogether

Why would a club wish to accept a player, whether signing him permanently or taking him on loan, without first conducting a medical?

Conflict of interest by the official negotiating the contract?