gers Are Paying For Toon Injured Players

If the new Board can prove that the old Board knowingly signed players who would not be fit or unlikely to be fit to play this season then the directors concerned could be held personally liable and may have committed criminal offences but in any event the Club should tear up the contracts of all bar Vuckic and Streete, send the players back with a letter addressed to Mr Ashley and cease all payments forthwith.

I doubt he would sue but we may find ourselves in trouble with the football authorities although we could argue that the contracts were illegitimate.

It's scandalous.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions. :rolleyes:

Doesn't bode well for all the other 'contracts'they signed.

Cash-strapped Rangers are carrying the five Newcastle United loan players sanctioned by Mike Ashley on the Ibrox wage bill – although four are unlikely to kick a ball for the team this season.

Stuart McCall confirmed that Rangers make an undisclosed contribution to the salaries of Gael Bigirimana, Shane Ferguson and Kevin Mbabu, who have not played and are not expected to make any appearances.

Rangers also part-fund the wages for Remie Streete, who suffered a hamstring injury in his first game, and Haris Vuckic, the only loan player to earn a regular place.

Asked why Derek Llambias – the long-standing Ashley associate who remains Rangers’ chief executive, although he is currently suspended – had agreed the deal for five players when only two at most were likely to be available for any length of time, McCall said: “No. I don’t know.

“Haris has been certainly good and the more football he gets under his belt the stronger and fitter he will get. Shane has a long-standing knee injury. He had a minor setback, some fluid on his knee that swelled up, so that set him back, but I’ve been out 11 months with a knee injury and it takes you at least six weeks to get anywhere near.

“Kevin is training with us, so we might get a bit of football from him and Remi is out for two to three weeks at the moment and he’s had different muscle injuries – a hamstring and a groin – and he’s had an ear infection on top of that.

“He’s working with the medical side of it but I don’t think Remi has played lots of football over the past two years, so we didn’t have guys coming in who were hitting the ground running, being ready to play.

“Bigirimana has a medical condition that our consultant is dealing with, but he won’t play for us this season.”

McCall on Sunday takes Rangers to Easter Road, scene of a 4-0 rout by second-placed Hibernian in December, aware that his players have not taken a single league point from either of the Edinburgh sides this season.

Should Rangers lose again, they will trail Hibs by nine points – although with a game in hand – but McCall revealed that he had been inundated with inquiries from agents and players about the possibility of signing deals.

“I have already had 40 to 50 names put to me for next season, regardless of what league we are in,” he said. “Players will always want to come and play for Rangers and it won’t be for big bucks.

“I will certainly make changes on Sunday and there will be changes made for the Saturday after. I have got to try to find, quickly, enough people that can get the jersey, merit it and keep it.

“We just have such a short time span but we still have a focus, so there will be nothing downbeat. Individuals are down because they have not performed – but they still have an opportunity to make this season a success.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11486762/Rangers-fit-bill-for-loaned-Mike-Ashley-players.html

Edited by chilledbear

Willie Vass took training pics yesterday and Kevin Mbabu was featuring there, after playing one or two u20 games.

Mbabu - the only one of the five whose contract runs out in the summer.

Remy Streete's contract runs out in the summer too I believe.

I've taken the view that Newcastle want rid off these players and are using Rangers as a shop window for them. If theyre any good then maybe we'd get first option on them but at present I'd say that very unlikely due to the non-appearances

I dont understand McCall's comments about Ferguson after Newcastle manager Carver said he was only 2 or 3 weeks away from playing.

I've taken the view that Newcastle want rid off these players and are using Rangers as a shop window for them. If theyre any good then maybe we'd get first option on them but at present I'd say that very unlikely due to the non-appearances

I dont understand McCall's comments about Ferguson after Newcastle manager Carver said he was only 2 or 3 weeks away from playing.

He had a breakdown in training I am sure I read. McCall also said even if he is fit it will take him 6 weeks to gain match fitness.

Perhaps we shouldn't read too much into McCall's comments then. If McCall remains manager next season then new players will be needed from somewhere. Maybe one or two of these players may be a possibility if they can prove themselves.They do have a better pedigree coming from an EPL club than some of the players we've had over these past few years.

What we mustn't do again, like Ally McCoist did too often, was to get out of contract players from the top division in this country and offer them whacking great wage increases to drop down divisions to play for us.These were mostly older players too with little or no possible sell-on fee

Actually, you are correct. Mbabu has a contract till the summer with us, but the one with Newcastle only ends in 2016. Streete is the only one of the five who will be a freebie this summer.

It's pretty clear to me that they were brought to the club not to improve the squad and get us promotion but to ensure Cashley's first loan was spent as quickly as possible and for the other loan to be drawn down.

Llambias and Leech should be shot for it.

It's pretty clear to me that they were brought to the club not to improve the squad and get us promotion but to ensure Cashley's first loan was spent as quickly as possible and for the other loan to be drawn down.

Llambias and Leech should be shot for it.

Skulduggery of the highest order. Those injured players loan contract should see Liambias and Leach sacked for failing in their fiducial duties imo.