Rangers agree £1.5m loan with Park, Letham & Taylor

Elfideldo may have a point. perhaps there were more "boycotters" due to the shite fitba than many wanted to believe. that last 15k may be harder to get back..

I think the vast bulk of the 15,000 that originally didn't renew did so due to the politics but the falling crowds since then (by around another 10-15,000) has been down to the poor product.

I'd expect a healthy enough crowd this weekend but unless the product improves then many fans will stay away now they've already made that decision.

Whatever the reason, it's vital for the club's viability and competitiveness that all these people return.

it's not stb there is a group who are all interested in what the board are doing all of a sudden.
in your paranoid opinion.

this board will be questioned the same as the last. Think its you who changes your parameters and outlooks.

loans are a waste of time, we are still beheld to the same timeframe as before.we dont suddenly have time to hum and haw.

scouting needs to be at the least up and running in advance of pre season,same goes for finance,plan,aims,management team,proper youth set up.

so far looks like my worries were correct and we will revert to type with the old boys network in full swing. No doubt success will be measured by how many times we beat the tims. Nothing new will be attempted.

It goes both ways though.

I thought the 120 Day Review was a joke in terms of its length (and, given that, it's eventual superficial content). As such, when Llambias announced another I was frustrated.

Now, Kingco deserve more than a fortnight to do due diligence but people are well within their rights to apply pressure the longer we go without news. I'd argue they've made reasonable progress so far though so I think another 10 days or so should be enough to see the diligence completed, a NOMAD appointed and more detail in how King plans to run the club.

This is essential to build trust and, most importantly, secure more season ticket holders for next term. Can they outline every plan while not knowing what league we'll be in? Maybe not but they promised transparency and accountability so on their head be it.

All in all, asking for patience is fine and I wouldn't get too annoyed by one or two folk suddenly changing their principles and expectations.

Two weeks to sift to the bottom of the mess that everyone since Whyte came in has created ? For an insight into how long things can actually take just look at the oldco liquidation. I personally don't think that 120 days is that long (maybe 90 days would be more appropriate) because you have to factor in that you are trying to undertake a review at the same time as carrying out the day job. Or you could employ people (at significant expense) to do that job for you.

The numerous contracts that will be embedded will not only need a proper review, but they will need legal opinion (which takes time) and also will need to be evaluated in terms of how they can be terminated or what the impact (financial and other) are on non-termination as well as termination.

Frankie, I disagree that 10 days enough to see the due diligence completed on the various contracts in place - you can almost guarantee that some of those contracts will be as complex as you could imagine and some may even be difficult to lay hands on. The due diligence SHOULD also include discussion with Ashley on what can be done to terminate those contracts or come to some agreement on them (unlikely we know with Ashley). 10 days should, though, be enough time to highlight HOW they want to run the Club going forward but they would most certainly have to caveat it given that they wont know the full extent of the financial mess left behind, as well as other things such as staffing, maintenance, contracts etc.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they come out and give a plan and then have to change it after uncovering something previously unknown then they will be lambasted as liars in some quarters.

in your paranoid opinion.

this board will be questioned the same as the last. Think its you who changes your parameters and outlooks.

loans are a waste of time, we are still beheld to the same timeframe as before.we dont suddenly have time to hum and haw.

scouting needs to be at the least up and running in advance of pre season,same goes for finance,plan,aims,management team,proper youth set up.

so far looks like my worries were correct and we will revert to type with the old boys network in full swing. No doubt success will be measured by how many times we beat the tims. Nothing new will be attempted.

The loan issue that you mentioned again has already been explained. They know that loans are a waste of time but what other options do they have at this point ? The money is needed NOW, what do you propose they do other than obtain an interest, fee and security-free loan ? Don't say pump money in because they can only do that by way of a loan (which you don't want) or equity (which they cant do until they get shareholder approval on a rights issue).

Scouting they have already mentioned publicly needs to be created (I was going to say enhanced but there is no scouting at the Club other than in the youth ranks).

You mention finance, plan, aims, management team, youth set up as if they could be done tomorrow. They will have a ton on their plate as well as these things - further, they cant just wave the magic wand and they all magically fall into place. The youth set up, for example - what would you want to change there ? Until the kids get to U17 they are actually very successful in Scotland (I have a little insight into this and know that Celtic have had "crisis meetings" after we soundly pumped them in a couple of age groups in the last couple of years)

Management team - would you not rather spend time to get it right ? They brought in McCall as a stop-gap as they saw him as a proper manager and that McDowall simply wasn't working out - that is a step in the right direction and affords them time to look at suitable replacements - similar to players not wishing to play in the 2nd tier I would imagine you could attract a better quality of manager if we are in the SPFL too. End of season will dictate that - and I would like to think they are already talking to potential candidates now - they wouldn't announce that to us though, why would they ?

Finance - they need to know the current position before they can give proper financial plans. That too will take time.

Absolutely hold them accountable - but they deserve more than two weeks to trawl through all the carnage that they inherited.

Two weeks to sift to the bottom of the mess that everyone since Whyte came in has created ? For an insight into how long things can actually take just look at the oldco liquidation. I personally don't think that 120 days is that long (maybe 90 days would be more appropriate) because you have to factor in that you are trying to undertake a review at the same time as carrying out the day job. Or you could employ people (at significant expense) to do that job for you.

The numerous contracts that will be embedded will not only need a proper review, but they will need legal opinion (which takes time) and also will need to be evaluated in terms of how they can be terminated or what the impact (financial and other) are on non-termination as well as termination.

Frankie, I disagree that 10 days enough to see the due diligence completed on the various contracts in place - you can almost guarantee that some of those contracts will be as complex as you could imagine and some may even be difficult to lay hands on. The due diligence SHOULD also include discussion with Ashley on what can be done to terminate those contracts or come to some agreement on them (unlikely we know with Ashley). 10 days should, though, be enough time to highlight HOW they want to run the Club going forward but they would most certainly have to caveat it given that they wont know the full extent of the financial mess left behind, as well as other things such as staffing, maintenance, contracts etc.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they come out and give a plan and then have to change it after uncovering something previously unknown then they will be lambasted as liars in some quarters.

By this time next Friday they'll have had 28 days in charge and while that isn't a long period of time, it's enough for them to offer up some further progress and/or report.

If it's complex (and it will be) then say so. If it will take another 28 days (or longer) then say so. If there's problems securing a NOMAD or anything else then say so.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect regular progress reports. It's only with that kind of engagement that we can work together.

I'm not expecting miracles just progress and I've already said they've done enough to warrant patience from most of us.