John Guidetti: Charged by SFA

Maybe because it took place outside of Scotland they can't get involved?

They most certainly can in terms of the OBA.

Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

2 Regulated football match: definition and meaning of behaviour “in relation to” match

(1) In section 1 and this section, “regulated football match”—

(a) has the same meaning as it has for the purposes of Chapter 1 (football banning orders) of Part 2 of the Police, Public Order and Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2006 (asp 10) (see section 55(2) of that Act), but

(b) does not include a regulated football match outside Scotland unless the match involves—

(i) a national team appointed to represent Scotland, or

(ii) a team representing a club that is a member of a football association or league based in Scotland.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Celt@c say Guidetti will be defending the charge.

How can he ? Are they saying the use of the word hun is acceptable ? Are they saying he didnt do it?

Have to say I'm genuinely surprised at this? Are the SFA trying to be even-handed?

They most certainly can in terms of the OBA.

Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

2 Regulated football match: definition and meaning of behaviour “in relation to” match

(1) In section 1 and this section, “regulated football match”—

(a) has the same meaning as it has for the purposes of Chapter 1 (football banning orders) of Part 2 of the Police, Public Order and Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2006 (asp 10) (see section 55(2) of that Act), but

(b) does not include a regulated football match outside Scotland unless the match involves—

(i) a national team appointed to represent Scotland, or

(ii) a team representing a club that is a member of a football association or league based in Scotland.

I had understood that the offense took place outside Scotland although I may be wrong on that. If it did take place outside of Scotland then the police can't be involved, surely.

You're not suggesting that the police visit the Hearts players purely for swearing?

Nothing to do with the police, I thought we were referring to the SFA.

The SFA most certainly can charge the players with offensive comments and/or bringing the game into disrepute; whether that's advisable or not is another matter. I did say not many would be offended and defended their right to celebrate. BUT Club players singing what might be regarded as offensive songs about another Club MAY be in breach wherever the alleged offense occurs because they are always under the jurisdiction of the SFA.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I had understood that the offense took place outside Scotland although I may be wrong on that. If it did take place outside of Scotland then the police can't be involved, surely.

The police can be involved if the offence took place in relation to a "Regulated football match" football match which includes matches outside Scotland.

This was one of the criticisms of the Act at the time but it was intended to catch misbehaviour at Scotland or European matches abroad which were thought to bring discredit on Scotland as a country. There were those who thought it was unenforceable.

You may well be right in this case however, unless there was such a match taking place at the time of the offending comments.

This is just getting out of hand. So Hearts players sang a song which was less than complementary about us. So what?

Let them get on with it - because we sure as hell will be doing the same and worse when we win the top division again.

Let's leave the permanent po-faced, sanctimonious offendedness to them