Financial Speculation

League reconstruction? :D

Bring it on! We should never have been removed from the top tier in the first place, so it's time we stopped cutting our noses off to spite our faces.

There we murmurs last season that our TV money was less than a hundred grand, which apparently isn't even enough to pay Jig's wages for 6 weeks.

From memory all the Clubs in the bottom division get a flat £50,000. That was certainly the position up to 2012, my recollection is that it did not increase but it may have gone up a little.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

From memory all the Clubs in the bottom division get a flat £50,000.

That could easily be right because IIRC the figure mentioned for last season's TV money was about £80k.

Bring it on! We should never have been removed from the top tier in the first place, so it's time we stopped cutting our noses off to spite our faces.

I honestly believe the reason we have a play-off situation in the Championship today was in case Rangers didn't finish first...which turned out to be the case.

Fans all round the country (Rangers haters) would never entertain league reconstruction to enable us to go up, and neither would Rangers fans...or would we :whistle:

I honestly believe the reason we have a play-off situation in the Championship today was in case Rangers didn't finish first...which turned out to be the case.

Fans all round the country (Rangers haters) would never entertain league reconstruction to enable us to go up, and neither would Rangers fans...or would we :whistle:

I don't, play-offs are virtually in all league's now, the Dutch also have a European play off system from team 2 to team 9 in the league.

Edited by pete

I don't, play-offs are virtually in all league's now, the Dutch also have a European play off system from team 2 to team 9 in the league.

Maybe so, but recently introduced here on Scotland's reformation of the league set ups (while Rangers are in the lower divs)

Maybe so, but recently introduced here on Scotland's reformation of the league set ups (while Rangers are in the lower divs)

You can see conspiracies in everything. Ask RangersRab about Lloyds bank .:)

OK I have found the SPL numbers from 2012 when it was proposed to have just two divisons of 10 and the rest would be divided into S&W and N&E leagues including colt teams.

Every club below the top two divsions were to get £50,000, which was status quo for some and obviously a lot for some of the minnows.

The top two in the SPL were to get £2.75m and £2.42m respectively which was approx 35% of the Premiership kitty and about 28% of the entire pool. These figures were reductions on the existing figures. Again from memory it was taking about a million off the top and redistributing it cascading down so that 10th in the SPL was to get £892k.

The championship top team was to get £510k, second £450k down to 150k for the bottom club.

The parachute payment was to be £250k each of two teams.

The teams finishing 8th and 9th in the SPL were to benefit from keeping the play-off monies anticipated to be about £50,000 to £100,000 each.

Obviously this reconstruction proposal did not go through but it will give you some idea of the figures. The total available was a bit under £19m of which the TV money was £80m over 5 years and variously reported as £13m-£15m per season. It was also reported that the SPL lost £17m of the deal when Rangers went into the SFL who did a £1.2m deal for their clubs.

I may be able to find more on the pre 2012 figures.

That's not correct, it is purely and simply a money making exercise.