Financial Speculation

How much money will we have to spend next season?

If we knew this then we could speculate about which players we can, and can't, afford. Of course it would also help us to know how much players cost when we try to think about these things.

I noticed that was is a popular topic, that popped up in many other threads, so I think that it deserves a thread all to itself.

Anyone?

Will out tv money go up if we play in the premiership next season or will it remain as is?

Does anyone know what the situation is with TV money. Are we getting any and if so how much.

You beat me by 1or 2mins great minds think alike.:D.

Does anyone know what the situation is with TV money. Are we getting any and if so how much.

Leaving aside any specific reasons why Rangers might not get any (which I don't know about) broadly speaking the TV money and any sponsorship or commercial deals money all goes into one big pot and is divided up according to the league placings at the end of the season.

The top 2 in the SPL get by far the lion's share because it was always anticipated to be Rangers and Celtic and this was one way of persauding the old firm not to impose their own deals on the rest. From memory, the top two got something like 35% -40% of the total but the share out became slightly fairer in 2012 with the bottom club getting a parchute payment.

I'll try to find the figures.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Corrected percentages

There we murmurs last season that our TV money was less than a hundred grand, which apparently isn't even enough to pay Jig's wages for 6 weeks.

Because we were in the SPFL third tier last season that wouldnt surprise me.

TV money is another reason we must get back to the top division ASAP. by whatever means

Edited by RANGERRAB