Financial Speculation

No it won't be; it's worth too much money to the Clubs at the bottom especially.

With respect...the play-offs will definitely be scrapped on Rangers return. Too many Clubs will always look after themselves when it comes to Rangers and C*ltic. It's been going on for decades and will continue again in the same vein once Rangers are back.

Rangers and C*ltic slugging it out for the title and protect the rest of substance.

With respect...the play-offs will definitely be scrapped on Rangers return. Too many Clubs will always look after themselves when it comes to Rangers and C*ltic. It's been going on for decades and will continue again in the same vein once Rangers are back.

Rangers and C*ltic slugging it out for the title and protect the rest of substance.

I can only say I think you are wrong and only time will tell.

I can assure you that the introduction of the play-offs were nothing whatsoever to do with Rangers, they were simply a means of generating more money for teams that were going down from the SPL and to a lesser extent some degree of fairness (though they are loaded in favour of the SPL team) because only one club is autmatically relegated from the SPL.

I have you at a bit of a disadvantage here because of the position I was in at the time this was all being discussed but if you want a small wager for charity I'll happily take you on.

I can assure you that the introduction of the play-offs were nothing whatsoever to do with Rangers, they were simply a means of generating more money for teams that were going down from the SPL and to a lesser extent some degree of fairness (though they are loaded in favour of the SPL team) because only one club is autmatically relegated from the SPL.

I have you at a bit of a disadvantage here because of the position I was in at the time this was all being discussed but if you want a small wager for charity I'll happily take you on.

Okay, and I believe you, but I'll try to build a bigger picture of what I see...

Try and select 12 teams in Scotland who are worthy of the top tier.

My twelve:

Rangers

C*ltic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Hibs

Motherwell

St Mirren

ICT

Dundee

I'm struggling now...

Partick Thistle, Ross Co. Hamilton? No!

If we have one down one up it's ok. If we have two down two up we have a problem, especially when looking after those worthy of a place in the top tier.

Okay, and I believe you, but I'll try to build a bigger picture of what I see...

Try and select 12 teams in Scotland who are worthy of the top tier.

My twelve:

Rangers

C*ltic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Hibs

Motherwell

St Mirren

ICT

Dundee

I'm struggling now...

Partick Thistle, Ross Co. Hamilton? No!

If we have one down one up it's ok. If we have two down two up we have a problem, especially when looking after those worthy of a place in the top tier.

Now you have identified the real problem which also goes to part of the reason why we don't have a 16 team league.

I think we can just about make up 16 full time teams if you take in Falkirk, QoS and Raith (I think but not certain that they are FT).

However if you at Italy for example where it is 4 up/4 down then it does mean that you ring the changes and spread the full time football into the lower divisions and give the promoted teams a shot at the top. Hamilton, Inverness and Ross Co have proven that it is not impossible to make the leap.

My personal opinion is that it should be straight play-off 9th in the SPL v 2nd in the Championship but as I said, expediency and money dictate otherwise.

BTW the main reason why we don't have a 16 team league is the "loss" of 4 x old firm games a season, which was the only reason the broadcasters were interested in Scottish Football at all.

Of course that was pre 2012 and all that.

Again IMHO Rangers going down was the ideal opportunity to go a 16 team league or indeed 2 leagues of 16 as was proposed in the SDS Fans Plan in 2011 beciase at that point the old firm games were lost anyway.

Edited by BrahimHemdani