The 3rd Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Guest, Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy

As some of you know from the other thread, SteveC purchased two tickets but had the misfortune to book travel for the 23rd in the hope that we would finish 2nd in the League and that would be the date of our first home game in the play-offs; and Charltonman and his good lady "The Lovely Samanatha" were planning to drive up from London but unfortunately due to a change in personal circumstances can no longer make it.

SteveC was not included in the numbers after the date of the Dinner was changed but CHM's withdrawal on Tuesday night reduced the numbers from 17 to 15 and there were no takers for the free places offered to "deserving" and/or (equally deserving) disabled persons.

In the light of their generous offers I think it is appropriate to refund SteveC and CHM in full.

I gave the restaurant the final number as 15 yesterday at 1.15pm.

Late last night RAB also withdrew for personal reasons and has stated that he would offer his seat to someone else or contribute the money to the drinks kitty. I have advised the restaurant that we are, therefore, down to 14 including the speaker. Needless to say I don't think they are too happy given that the original deal was that we were getting the place to ourselves if we took 20. It is not clear at this stage if we will have to pay for 14 or 15 but they would be well within their rights to charge for 15.

I am not going to offer a free place at this late stage nor do I think it's appropriate in the circumstances to refund.

So my plan is to play it by ear tonight and if we are charged for 15 then I will pay it and if not then RAB's money will go into the drinks kitty as he has suggested.

If anyone has any comments about the above please post here or PM me as appropriate.

Thanks.

Edited by BrahimHemdani