BREAKING NEWS - The final round of Scottish Championship fixtures...

The Scottish Professional Football League have been forced into a U-turn over the final day of Championship fixtures after the decision to move Hearts' clash with Rangers was reversed.

The match at Tynecastle, which could have a bearing on the final standings as teams vie for play-off spots, was switched to Sunday, May 3 for television coverage, sparking anger from supporters.

Now following fierce criticism from several clubs including Hearts, Hibernian, Rangers and Falkirk, the league have moved the game back to its original date of Sarturday, May 2 with a 12.15pm kick off with the remaining four matches taking place at the same time.

A SPFL spokesperson said: "Following consultation between the SPFL, member clubs and broadcast partners regarding the final round of Championship fixtures over the weekend of 2 & 3 May 2015, Sky Sports has now suggested an alternative schedule for its televised Championship match that weekend.

"As a result, we are pleased to confirm all five Championship matches that weekend will now kick-off simultaneously at 12.15pm on Saturday 2 May. The Hearts v Rangers match will be televised live on Sky Sports.

"The SPFL would like to thank Sky Sports for its flexibility and understanding and we’re sure all football fans will look forward to an exciting climax to the Championship season."

Regan backs clubs in SPFL row

Earlier on Thursday, Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan had given his backing to the clubs, insisting all fixtures must be played at the same time to protect the sporting integrity of the competition.

He said: "It’s never easy when you’re trying to balance the needs of broadcasters, clubs, fans, sponsors but my view on this is the fans come first.

"Sporting integrity is fundamental to any competition and I think that has to be considered in the round and obviously the clubs have made their feelings known and Neil and his colleagues will listen to what their member clubs and come back with a pragmatic proposal.

"My preference is that in a play-off situation having games finishing at the same time would be the preferred solution."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/317428-spfl-forced-into-u-turn-over-final-day-championship-of-fixtures/

How do these people stay in jobs.

Like most people they do what the people who employ them want them to do, especially if they are unofficially "head hunted". They have excelled in that regard, so other slip ups will be overlooked.

A surprsingly poor decision by Doncaster who is not usually someone who allows himself to be pushed around and a surprising victory for common sense led by the much criticised Regan and the SFA.

Knowing what I know of the two, I would imagine that Regan is having rather more than a quiet chuckle to himself at Doncaster's self imposed embarrassment over this dramatic own goal.

A

A surprsingly poor decision by Doncaster who is not usually someone who allows himself to be pushed around and a surprising victory for common sense led by the much criticised Regan and the SFA.

Knowing what I know of the two, I would imagine that Regan is having rather more than a quiet chuckle to himself at Doncaster's self imposed embarrassment over this dramatic own goal.

The sooner these two are gone from Scottish football the better. Today was just another example of how the game has become a laughing stock with these two running it.

A

The sooner these two are gone from Scottish football the better. Today was just another example of how the game has become a laughing stock with these two running it.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree but it's certainly a massisve mistake by Doncaster who thinks he runs Scottish Football and Regan who is employed to do just that.

Regan probably pissed himself laughing when he saw the news yesterday; knowing it couldn't possibly stand up.

Edited by BrahimHemdani