Clyde - Ashley Meeting

I am guessing Ashley's main aim is to get his Sports Direct advertised in the Champions League, therefore to do that he needs to invest in the club by getting a product on the pitch capable of reaching that level. If he does that Ive no issues with how he runs his other interests.

Tad of hopeful thinking.

Ashley has shown both at Newcastle and with us that he has no interest in investing serious money.

He is willing to lend money but given he wants more than his pound of flesh for relative buttons, I'm not interested in that either.

I will be delighted the day that we sever all ties to Ashley.

Generally speaking it's good that such a meeting has occurred but I'm not sure how productive it will be.

In saying that it's in both parties interest to work together so hopefully there will be an outcome that benefits the club over any individual. Unfortunately Mike Ashley has always shown he's only every interested in the benefit to him so it will be fascinating to see if he's prepared to give ground on this occasion.

Not a lot going well at the moment for Ashley. Tesco taking a nose dive, Newcastle fans finally growing a set and standing up to him, commons committee hot on his heels and a tv show to boot showing him up for all his worth. Not to mention the manner in which he has conducted himself at ibrox.

Hes become a public pariah. Blinded by complete and utter greed he has become oblivious to everything around him, the pound signs in front of his eyes blocking his line of vision.

As far as Rangers are concerned, i am very dissapointed that it has taken so long to deal with the ashley situation at our club. His onerous contracts are a rope around the clubs neck and really should have been the first thing to be dealt with.

As long as these contracts are in place we will never compete at the top level and should be doing our upmost to rid ourselves of this financial parasite.

Even if it means a lengthy court battle.

I am guessing Ashley's main aim is to get his Sports Direct advertised in the Champions League, therefore to do that he needs to invest in the club by getting a product on the pitch capable of reaching that level. If he does that Ive no issues with how he runs his other interests.

Tad of hopeful thinking.

The problem remains that ads during CL games have to be licensed by (moneygrabbing) UEFA. The only reasonable way that he can get Sports Direct being shown during CL ties would probably be shirt sponsorship deals et al? While he still has 55% of Sports Direct, i.e. the company (and not exactly Ashley) that loaned us the money, there are sure SD folk (shareholders et al) who will look after the interest of SD first and foremost. Hence, I take it, those SD chaps being there too. Of course, these guys might be Ashley's puppets too, but that is for someone else to verify.

Of course, this could be an opportunity for Ashley to get himself some positive media coverage, if he or SD are looking for that. At the end of the day, you have to hope that Murray and Co. know what they are doing here (and they are probably more equipped to do so than we).

Tad of hopeful thinking.

Thought I just went back in time to 2014 on RM there.