Alistair McCoist MBE

Was Ally supposed to decline the offer of penny shares when Green was handing them out to anyone with a swinging dick and a few grand in their pocket?

Charles Green gave himself 5 million shares for nothing other than being a patter merchant with a big mouth which emitted bullshit & lies.

Green's cronies Imran Ahmad & Richard Hughes got almost another 5 million shares between them plus Hughes made something like half a million quid in interest on the short term loan he provided.

Another point worth making here regarding Ally's shares is that as far as we know Ally still has those shares because he hasn't sold them to make a fast buck, unlike Green, Ahmad & Hughes who all cashed their shares in so that they could line their pockets.

Yes, Ally has made a lot of cash from his salary over the past 3 years, but let's not forget how much of it will have gone to HMRC.

As others have said too, we still don't know if Ally will reinvest any of the money he's made. He did invest some at the last share/rights issue, so can we discount the possibility of him investing some money at the next share issue?

Ally would play a blinder if he offered to accept shares in lieu of salary.

I'm happy enough to see things out and see where we are once the dust settles. While the elements of this thread veering toward 'burn the witch' are scarcely a rush to judgement as usual we are not in full position of all the facts, and making an absolute decision from that position is premature.

Ally would play a blinder if he offered to accept shares in lieu of salary.

If we work out roughly what Ally actually got paid in the 30 months from Green took over until Ally stood down it's probably something like £1.6m and with him being in the 45% income tax bracket almost half of it will have been paid to HMRC meaning over that period he's probably had something like 30k per month 'take home'.

If we work out roughly what Ally actually got paid in the 30 months from Green took over until Ally stood down it's probably something like £1.6m and with him being in the 45% income tax bracket almost half of it will have been paid to HMRC meaning over that period he's probably had something like 30k per month 'take home'.

I dont care who it is, that is a mad salary for a Rangers manager to be on unless we are in a very successful state.

I dont care who it is, that is a mad salary for a Rangers manager to be on unless we are in a very successful state.

Aye, it's a lot of money, but it's probably less than what Jig's been taking home.

I think some of the hatred towards McCoist is out of order, Id like to know how many fans would refuse the salary being in his position. Im pretty sure there is a lot of facts that haven't been revealed. His salary was stupid in the beginning and being put on 12 months garden leave was another bad move. Questions to have to asked about him also but unless a fly on the wall reveals everything then I wouldn't get personnel towards Ally.

Nobody can deny he will go down as the worst manager we've had, I thought I saw some terrible tactical decisions from Alex McLeish but Ally took it to a new level. He was stubborn and kept this jobs for boys mentality which effected the club and teams performances. In another industry he should have been let go straight away but he has written contracts so the club cant around that.

Anyone who would even consider doing what Ally has done wouldn't be much of a supporter. His salary was always stupid.

Aye, it's a lot of money, but it's probably less than what Jig's been taking home.

Yeah I was pretty astounded by the mention of his salary/bonuses too, i think it was you that mentioned it in a thread a while back. Performance related contracts should be the way forward, money is crazy these days.

Yeah I was pretty astounded by the mention of his salary/bonuses too, i think it was you that mentioned it in a thread a while back. Performance related contracts should be the way forward, money is crazy these days.

Yeah, I mean the whole Club's been getting run with high salaries and an exorbitant overall cost base for many many years. Today we had a kit man on the touchline dressed like a Club Director and it was rumoured last year that his salary is something like £120,000 which is insane for a kit man come bus driver, but on the flip side, the guy's one of the Club's longest serving employees with over 30 years of service. He probably works really long and strange hours a lot of the time too, so we have to take lot's of different things into consideration.

Yeah, I mean the whole Club's been getting run with high salaries and an exorbitant overall cost base for many many years. Today we had a kit man on the touchline dressed like a Club Director and it was rumoured last year that his salary is something like £120,000 which is insane for a kit man come bus driver, but on the flip side, the guy's one of the Club's longest serving employees with over 30 years of service. He probably works really long and strange hours a lot of the time too, so we have to take lot's of different things into consideration.

We do, indeed, but not to the degree of that salary if it is anything like what you quote.