Alistair McCoist MBE

I think big Gordy is a lucky man to have a job that's giving him 72 hours a week ,;)2 , only kidding of course Ally has no shame I just hope he is not part of our future he screwed up big time by sending a team out week after week to play the worst football since the club was founded .

D'Art always writes well. My take:

Shattered and suffering from sleep deprivation, Ally McCoist once more enters Ibrox. His chairman is an Englishman he does not know, his club is suddenly in the third division of Scottish football. Last night he had to attend an SFA enquiry where the board sought to remove titles from Rangers, his club. His own chairman, the Englishman he barely knew, was willing to agree. Ally stood up and said "no, never". He was a man alone but they would never take those titles. Two days later he reflected, it’s at times like this he rued the decision to stay on when Murray, King, Greig, Smith and others had left or were leaving. He stood alone with Jardine and vowed to keep the spirit of Rangers alive. Leaving later that day, the driving rain and head on wind would normally be a curse, but with a body craving sleep, they act as a form of stimulus. Ally was a man with the weight of thousands of his shoulders as he departed that night and he wouldn't let them down.

What he does not look forward to however, is telling the fans the football will be worse, the club will be downgraded and that exciting youth team you all believed in, did not, actually exist. Times would be hard for Rangers but the fans needed someone to give them hope, Ally stood forward. He may have had doubts in himself but those doubts never wavered in his desire to defend the club he loved.

Rangers' successive promotions is the absolute priority for Ally. He had a tv career, he was an adored figure throughout most of the UK, he didn't need this but almost alone, he answered his club’s calling in its hour of need.

None of us know Ally. None of us know what he went though. None of us know his real story - after all, he can't talk about it. Some of us have abused him with little more of 10% of the facts, he deserves much much better.

He deserves fans of our club willing to cast judgement on him only when he can give his side of the story.

He deserves people to listen with open minds as to what he has taken from the club compared to others.

In short, he deserves the respect a legend such as he is due and to let his case be heard before castigated for ills we're not yet sure of.

Is he part of the gravy train? Do you know for sure? Rangers is a club built on loyalty. In our darkest hour Ally McCoist showed loyalty. Why not wait till he can speak before decrying that loyalty? Is it too much to ask?

Alistair McCoist, MBE. I will never forget what you did when all others attacked us and many of our own abandoned us. You refused the giving up of titles when the rest of the board were willing to give them up. You were a legend as a player, a noble but flawed individual as a manager and a stalwart for our club when required.

I for one salute you Ally and won't forget what you did against the bile and hatred we took from all sides. I hope in time when you can explain your situation, as you will, other Rangers fans will feel the same,

Edited by LucyBlue

Shattered and suffering from sleep deprivation, Ally McCoist once more enters Ibrox. His chairman is an Englishman he does not know, his club is suddenly in the third division of Scottish football. Last night he had to attend an SFA enquiry where the board sought to remove titles from Rangers, his club. His own chairman, the Englishman he barely knew, was willing to agree. Ally stood up and said "no, never". He was a man alone but they would never take those titles. Two days later he reflected, it’s at times like this he rued the decision to stay on when Murray, King, Greig, Smith and others had left or were leaving. He stood alone with Jardine and vowed to keep the spirit of Rangers alive. Leaving later that day, the driving rain and head on wind would normally be a curse, but with a body craving sleep, they act as a form of stimulus. Ally was a man with the weight of thousands of his shoulders as he departed that night and he wouldn't let them down.

What he does not look forward to however, is telling the fans the football will be worse, the club will be downgraded and that exciting youth team you all believed in, did not, actually exist. Times would be hard for Rangers but the fans needed someone to give them hope, Ally stood forward. He may have had doubts in himself but those doubts never wavered in his desire to defend the club he loved.

Rangers' successive promotions is the absolute priority for Ally. He had a tv career, he was an adored figure throughout most of the UK, he didn't need this but almost alone, he answered his club’s calling in its hour of need.

None of us know Ally. None of us know what he went though. None of us know his real story - after all, he can't talk about it. Some of us have abused him with little more of 10% of the facts, he deserves much much better.

He deserves fans of our club willing to cast judgement on him only when he can give his side of the story.

He deserves people to listen with open minds as to what he has taken from the club compared to others.

In short, he deserves the respect a legend such as he is due and to let his case be heard before castigated for ills we're not yet sure of.

Is he part of the gravy train? Do you know for sure? Rangers is a club built on loyalty. In our darkest hour Ally McCoist showed loyalty. Why not wait till he can speak before decrying that loyalty? Is it too much to ask?

Alistair McCoist, MBE. I will never forget what you did when all others attacked us and many of our own abandoned us. You refused the giving up of titles when the rest of the board were willing to give them up. You were a legend as a player, a noble but flawed individual as a manager and a stalwart for our club when required.

I for one salute you Ally and won't forget what you did against the bile and hatred we took from all sides. I hope in time when you can explain your situation, as you will, other Rangers fans will feel the same,

Good post and I totally agree. As I posted before you I believe Ally feels hurt and victimised and that everybody has turned against him. I totally agree we need to hear what his side of the story is before casting judgement.

His side of the story is simple , he wouldn't back cg, however 1 million 1p shares soon changed that and the cry became buy your season tickets and roll up roll up .he left us with an over paid squad of mercaneries and he was the ring leader , he should have been sacked after the raith rovers karaoke debacle .

His side of the story is simple , he wouldn't back cg, however 1 million 1p shares soon changed that and the cry became buy your season tickets and roll up roll up .he left us with an over paid squad of mercaneries and he was the ring leader , he should have been sacked after the raith rovers karaoke debacle .

completely agree, to me that's how it looked, especially after it was shown he had all those shares

"can't back you cause i don't know your intentions" then something happened and it was "roll up, roll up"

I can't argue with that. Much as it pains me to say it!

'In our darkest hour Ally McCoist showed loyalty'. LOL

Where else could he have gone & got the exorbitant salary Rangers were paying him? Who else would be so daft?

He was useless as a manager & got found out.