We are better than that - McCall

I'll repeat my points: McCoist has a better Win-rate, and joint-best loss-rate, but the performance on the park was poor; McDowall has the worst of all, but he did come up against the 'better' sides; McCall has an average win-rate, but joint-best loss-rate, and the performance is better.

McCall has actually done better against the 'better' sides.

I think it illustrates that they all have a similar record, if you extrapolate a full season. One's opinion of whom is best just depends on a subjective judgement on the performance on the park.

I agree with this. I would assess Ally McCoist as being easily our worst ever manager, someone who just never should have been a manager. KMD was just a poor coach who became caretaker manager and didn't have a clue. McCall is a poor manager but quite a bit better than the previous two. I doubt we would have got anywhere near the playoff final under the previous two.

Hopefully next season we make the required chances.

I posted this in the other thread, but since you're talking about the managerial stats in here too it's quite interesting to look at them like this:

McCoist: WLWWWWWWWDWLWWWWWWWWDLWLWLW

McDowall: LWWLLLWDDD

McCall: DDWWWLWDWDDWDWLL

On a sidenote, we should not forget the dire football that was played under both McCoist and McDowall. People like to throw this up when not looking at the statistical facts and vice versa. The results may not reflect it, but at least we have seen them play football again after McCall came in ...

On a sidenote, we should not forget the dire football that was played under both McCoist and McDowall. People like to throw this up when not looking at the statistical facts and vice versa. The results may not reflect it, but at least we have seen them play football again after McCall came in ...

It's a results driven business. Better football which produces poorer results is not acceptable.

It's a results driven business. Better football which produces poorer results is not acceptable.

No doubt about that. Just pointed out what happened beyond stats and why people think McCall might be the one for the job. Of course, bare results do not give you other variables, such as opposition, injuries, luck, blind refs and all that.

I agree with this. I would assess Ally McCoist as being easily our worst ever manager, someone who just never should have been a manager. KMD was just a poor coach who became caretaker manager and didn't have a clue. McCall is a poor manager but quite a bit better than the previous two. I doubt we would have got anywhere near the playoff final under the previous two.

Hopefully next season we make the required chances.

Had McCall not played for Rangers would he have been considered for interim manager ?

I realise the incoming board had to act quickly to remove KMcD but McCall should not get beyond this season IMO. I simply do not see what he has got to offer judging by his past management record

Id go for the qos manager. His side were very well organised and could play and pass the ball.

If he can do that with a part time outfit and no money....

I think we'd have to show a bit more ambition than that with all due respect

Over on FF some "close to someone" people have heard that McLeish and Ale Rae (assistant) are mentioned. It has become rather quiet about Warburton and Weir too.

McLeish has a very mixed record in management and other than a very brief spell as Dundee manager what has Alex Rae got to offer?

Edited by RANGERRAB