We are better than that - McCall

McLeish has a very mixed record in management and other than a very brief spell as Dundee manager what has Alex Rae got to offer?

I really don't understand some of our support's thinking at times. Looking at other forums and particularly social media, you see a lot of people wanting McLeish back as manager. Once he brought in his own players he led us to one embarrassment after another, he completely bombed in England and seems to have done the same in Belgium.

He is pretty much the exact manager we should NOT be looking at - from Scottish football, has ties to the club and has a poor record in management. Lets get in a manager that has absolutely nothing to do with Smith, McCoist, McLeish, McCall or anyone like that.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I really don't understand some of our support's thinking at times. Looking at other forums and particularly social media, you see a lot of people wanting McLeish back as manager. Once he brought in his own players he led us to one embarrassment after another, he completely bombed in England and seems to have done the same in Belgium.

He is pretty much the exact manager we should NOT be looking at - from Scottish football, has ties to the club and has a poor record in management. Lets get in a manager that has absolutely nothing to do with Smith, McCoist, McLeish, McCall or anyone like that.

Probably the support realise that we shall not complete our transition to a world class power all in one season, and that we shall need to take it in steps.

Probably the only manager that meets your criteria above is José Mourinho, and if we were able to get him we'd have no money left to get any players - rubbish Scottish ones or others.

I'm glad the board doesn't have to listen to you either.

Probably the support realise that we shall not complete our transition to a world class power all in one season, and that we shall need to take it in steps.

Probably the only manager that meets your criteria above is José Mourinho, and if we were able to get him we'd have no money left to get any players - rubbish Scottish ones or others.

I think he has even said words to that effect on here before.

But, anyway, regarding rumours from elsewhere about McLeish: There is only one thing that is worse than the endless speculation that former players/managers will be returning; the thought of it actually happening.

We need to look forward, not back

I would just rather we didn't appoint a manager who finished third in a two team league, lost in record consecutive old firm matches, went months without a win and lost to Viktoria Zizkov in the Champions League qualifiers.

If you want to get personal then given you championed Ally McCoist as a manger, perhaps you should sit this one out.

I think he has even said words to that effect on here before.

But, anyway, regarding rumours from elsewhere about McLeish: There is only one thing that is worse than the endless speculation that former players/managers will be returning; the thought of it actually happening.

We need to look forward, not back

I think we tend to forget how badly things got for McLeish in his final season as Rangers manager.

How many games was it without a win? And finishing third in a two horse race

Can we have a McLeish bashing smilie as I want to use it. He was not a good manager and never will be.:basher: McLeish basher.:throwpc:

Can we also have a happy pill for SBS smiley. The guy is utterly depressing and does nothing but continuously bash the team. What joy does he get out of supporting RFC?

A "get real" smiley should also be considered IMHO. Some folk are just living in cloud cuckoo land in terms of what/where Rangers are now in Scottish/UK/European football.