Our strikers simply haven't scored enough goals this season. That's why I'm not optimistic.

McCall should have binned both Boyd & Miller and put Hardie and Gallagher into the team in their places.Too late for that now though

Our strikers simply haven't scored enough goals this season. That's why I'm not optimistic.

McCall should have binned both Boyd & Miller and put Hardie and Gallagher into the team in their places.Too late for that now though

Motherwell were NOT that much better than us even at 2-0. When you look at the Willie Vass photo ( I can't get it to post ) of McManus scoring from the corner, there were three Rangers' players in a line who did not jump and challenge him. This is correctible defence.

This thing is not yet over.

Motherwell were NOT that much better than us even at 2-0. When you look at the Willie Vass photo ( I can't get it to post ) of McManus scoring from the corner, there were three Rangers' players in a line who did not jump and challenge him. This is correctible defence.

This thing is not yet over.

We are a nightmare at corners. As big Derek says we should be marking players and not space. Space does not score goals.

We are a nightmare at corners. As big Derek says we should be marking players and not space. Space does not score goals.

Oh, I don't disagree with that. However, it is correctible and we must find a way to challenge on cross-balls. I can see Mohsni being called in just for his heading ability.

Oh, I don't disagree with that. However, it is correctible and we must find a way to challenge on cross-balls. I can see Mohsni being called in just for his heading ability.

I don't know if Mohsni is a stubborn bar-stewered or not but there is really a good football player in there somewhere. Is it concentration or big headedness I don't know but it is really a pity as he could be so much more.

In military style I believe it's a bridge too far.

“The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer.”—Motto of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers during World War II, according to The Home Book of American Quotations, ed. Bruce Bohle, p. 35 (1967), which says that other branches of the service also used this slogan. Newsweek, March 8, 1943, p. 34, attributes this “cocky slogan” to the Army Air Forces.

2-0 and extra time, penalties even?

IF and it's a VERY BIG IF we can pick the game up from the point when it was 1-3 on Thurs, attack and get behind them on BOTH flanks then maybe just maybe Boyd MIGHT score and we can pull of a famous result.

BUT AND IT'S VERY BIG BUT, who thinks our defence can avoid losing at least one goal, epsecially if we go 3-5-2 and leave Ainsworth to run freely down the right? That said, he more or less ran freely against Wallace. If I was McCall, I might be tempted to send someone out to give him a good kick in the calf muscle early on, that might just slow him down a bit.

“It can be done and it is not out of possibilities for us to go and win the game but we need to play for the whole 90 minutes how we did in the final 20 minutes on Thursday.

“We would like to keep a clean sheet and you would think we will probably have to do.” (McCall, press conference Saturday, 30 May 2015 11:00)

Right now I'm thinking 2-2 but perhaps I might let my heart might rule my head in the Prediction League nearer kick off.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
McCall quotes

Newcastle United loanee Shane Ferguson made his debut for the first-team in the first-leg, as a second-half substitute.

The Northern Ireland international impressed with his left sided display and has played his way into the manager’s thoughts ahead of the crucial fixture on Sunday.

McCall said: “Shane Ferguson always gives us food for thought but he just hasn’t had enough football because he has been out for six or seven months.

“He has only managed to get a couple of under 20s game because he has had a couple of knock and niggles.

“When we’re in attacking mode we need him but we were never going to play him at Hibs because it was a more defensive setup but he certainly comes into my thoughts for the game this weekend.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9404-mccallbelieve

So maybe Smith at LWB with Ferguson to come later if needed?

Or vice versa, take a chance with Ferguson from the start with Smith in reserve?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Could we sign Jason Scotland, scorer of Hamilton's first goal and final penalty v Hibs last season on an emergency transfer on the basis that our strikers are pish?

"He was released by Hamilton on 3 January 2015,[25] but then on 27 January 2015, Scotland re-signed for the club until the end of the 2014–15 season." So he's probably a free agent right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Scotland

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Could we sign Jason Scotland, scorer of Hamilton's first goal and final penalty v Hibs last season on an emergency transfer on the basis that our strikers are pish?

"He was released by Hamilton on 3 January 2015,[25] but then on 27 January 2015, Scotland re-signed for the club until the end of the 2014–15 season." So he's probably a free agent right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Scotland

Brahim give us a break. Jason Scotland ffs. I hope we set our mind on a bit more than a third rate overage player.