Spanish Segunda Division Top Scorers

proper coaching, proper training, proper tactics, proper team selection and a professional approach from the manager and his staff can make a difference to players. I have a horrible feeling that some of the guys who have done so badly for us will do quite well for other clubs.

So if a player does ok for us and badly elsewhere, that makes our coaching brilliant? Seems some people haven't yet learned that football is not that simple.

It's a very complex game and one player can do well for one team and not so much for another - it happens all the time for a vast variety of reasons. It's also a bit naive to base everything on one one isolated metric such as number of goals scored - you'd think that the debates on Boyd would have been instructional on that matter...

So if a player does ok for us and badly elsewhere, that makes our coaching brilliant? Seems some people haven't yet learned that football is not that simple.

It's a very complex game and one player can do well for one team and not so much for another - it happens all the time for a vast variety of reasons. It's also a bit naive to base everything on one one isolated metric such as number of goals scored - you'd think that the debates on Boyd would have been instructional on that matter...

I'm not going to rise to it.

I'm not going to rise to it.

Eh? Weird reply again... :rolleyes: Please do rise to the challenge to put together an objective and well reasoned reply. Nobody gives a crap whether you get any sort of rise or not... :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get involved in you two and your tit-for-tat but I will say that calscot most certainly has a valid point. You only need to look at Fernando Torres to see how someone can look like a world-beater in one team and then look like a pub player in another. And I don't think you can suggest that his coaches with either Atletico, Liverpool or Chelsea were purely down to coaching.

Sometimes it is more than just the coaching. Sometimes it comes down to tactics, formations, style of play, the players desire, his mental attitude to his new environment. To simply lay the blame for Sandaza's failure at Rangers with the coaching staff is to simply ignore all the other causal factors that could be at play.

Sandaza is welcome to the 2nd divisio in Spain...couldn't cut it out here in the 3rd division, and his love of money far outweighed his hatred for the club's traditions.

Nicky Clark had a far better record playing outwith us as opposed to playing for us than practicing catholic Sandaza with massive chip on shoulder an' all that.

McCoist signed him :facepalm: