Mike Ashley tells Rangers FC 'we're not a bank' over loan deal

I'm more convinced by him than the rats that have been chased out of our club,you obviously prefer the previous theives to King as you handed them your cash for a ST last season but are implying you won't buy one this season.

Oh I'll buy an ST. Don't worry about that. Once Mr King delivers his promises that is....

5million probably means nothing to him as would putting us into administration as a result.

If King has the money some say he has he should pay Ashley his money back

I wouldn't. There's no interest and no timescale for repayment. It's 'free' cash, we may as well use it. Moreover, I believe King is using it as leverage to renegotiate the retail deals. Shrewd move IMO.

I wouldn't. There's no interest and no timescale for repayment. It's 'free' cash, we may as well use it. Moreover, I believe King is using it as leverage to renegotiate the retail deals. Shrewd move IMO.

This doesn't suit Rabs' agenda mate

You really think that's a good idea? Do you think really Ashley will negotiate with King ? I fear Ashley will go for the nucleur option. He has nothing to lose and doesn't believe King has 5m (as do I)

You really think that's a good idea? Do you think really Ashley will negotiate with King ? I fear Ashley will go for the nucleur option. He has nothing to lose and doesn't believe King has 5m (as do I)

We are using the money, if not used it, but MA can only get it back if we default on it, which is unlikely. He'll need to negotiate if he wants his money back. Great idea.

Edited by Rousseau

Of course King et al have the £5m.

The problem is even if we pay it back, we're hardly rid of Ashley and the onerous contracts remain in place. Sure, not paying him back may not result in Ashley suddenly backing down either but it is one small piece of leverage we have and given that's in the club's interest then I'm happy to back Kingco's voting recommendations.

The Loan agreement doesn't allow him to call in the loan just now, otherwise he would have, rather than trying to get it done through an EGM. there is no nuclear option for him.

Edited by Calgacus

The Loan agreement doesn't allow him to call in the loan just now, otherwise he would have, rather than trying to get it done through an EGM. there is no nuclear option for him.

Pretty sure Rab knows this. Ashley certainly does which is why we are where we are...