Message from chairman, dave king

Is the average season ticket priced at over £400? King stated at the launch that 45,000 sales would bring in roughly that £12.3m.

From his letter: "So, the average price for a ticket for season 2015-16 is £411 representing a relatively modest 5% increase..."

30k will equate to nearer £8m-9m

We expect 45k to bring £12m

That also means zero in transfers and no increase in footballing costs at all unless we make large cuts elsewhere

King has also said in the letter that all season ticket monies will go to the footballing side of the club so I assume any share issue is for other costs and working capital (say £1.5m per month for 12 months).

That gives us around £18m to rebuild the footballing structure and the same again from a share issue for working capital purposes. From season 16/17 the ticket money will obviously need to pay the bills unless a further issue/plan of investment is to be expected.

The problem is King has been less than consistent with his numbers from the outset so we're ultimately all guessing.

From his letter: "So, the average price for a ticket for season 2015-16 is £411 representing a relatively modest 5% increase..."
his figure is nonsense. He's playing with his wording. The average season ticket income will be around £235-£280

When it was disclosed a year or two ago it was around £215 if I remember correct

his figure is nonsense. He's playing with his wording. The average season ticket income will be around £235-£280

When it was disclosed a year or two ago it was around £215 if I remember correct

Yes it was around that figure so I agree the £411 seems inflated.

Like I say, King appears to be inconsistent with his figures.

Yes it was around that figure so I agree the £411 seems inflated.

Like I say, King appears to be inconsistent with his figures.

Can you remember the expenditure last season? Was it £23m with £17m income? We then had £2m allegedly saved by the last lot. So is it fair to estimate expenditure around £21m

Well, there is a discrepancy somewhere. I shall leave it at that.

to be fair what he says is most likely without doing the math true. Its just not the average income from season tickets.

Take all the section prices including the various bars and hospitality areas you can get a st for and work out the average and it probably is £411. Not the same thing as the average price of a season ticket when working out sales revenue

Well, there is a discrepancy somewhere. I shall leave it at that.

It would be if they all sold and likely only if all to adults.

Truth is more of the expensive ones will sit empty than cheap ones. Club deck etc. Though Govan will sell out.

It would be if they all sold and likely only if all to adults.

Truth is more of the expensive ones will sit empty than cheap ones. Club deck etc. Though Govan will sell out.

no it still wouldn't be. Its not average income from season tickets, its the average price of available tickets.