Message from chairman, dave king

If there is nothing more than a vision, then it won't be. A large body of the support have been scunnered by a succession of empty promises and will not be swayed by noise emanating from the RST or RF.

I'm not sure why we're on this tangent to my original point but it's getting more obtuse.

I think King 'speaks' well enough in his letter but with the best will in the world most people won't buy until they know what they're buying.

Of course King has to try and sell the product which explains the emotional stuff but to achieve the kind of numbers we need going forward, we need more than a play on our loyalty.

Hopefully that will start to be evident from early next week (or even later today).

Edited by Frankie

I think King 'speaks' well enough in his letter but with the best will in the world most people won't buy until they know what they're buying.

Of course King has to try and sell the product which explains the emotional stuff but to achieve the kind of numbers we need going forward, we need more than a play on our loyalty.

Hopefully that will start to be evident from early next week (or even later today).

King will get a lot of season ticket shifted on the back of that letter, you just have to go round the forums. It has generally been well received, but to reach the wider support not on the forums wider exposer is needed. The staunch are rallying to his cause, without details of the product on the field, King's work on this is far from finished and i agree with you Frankie, more meat on the bones and more work to get the prodigal sons backs.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

King will get a lot of season ticket shifted on the back of that letter, you just have to go round the forums. It has generally been well received, but to reach the wider support not on the forums wider exposer is needed. The staunch are rallying to his cause, without details of the product on the field, King's work on this is far from finished and i agree with you Frankie, more meat on the bones and more work to get the prodigal sons backs.

Going by last season's sales, it seems we have around 20,000 fans that will buy no matter the political or football situation so I suspect somewhere around that figure (perhaps a bit less) will renew regardless of who the manager is.

However, despite King saying he's willing to meet any shortfall, it's imperative to his plans that he sells much closer to 35,000. That's where key appointments will prove their worth so fingers crossed they meet our expectations.

We are Rangers!

I've always been a fan anyway, to beg people to buy ST's is beyond me after all the crap we've had to go through.

If I want it I'll take it, if you beg me then you belittle it.

Put the product on the park and I'll follow follow as before.

Don't beg my money ffs!

I actually thought I heard it all before, but really mate ...

jumping-into-hole-2.gif

He hasn't said anything new, nor has he provided anything tangible for the unconvinced to enthuse over. The only thing that is missing from that piece of recycled Traynor nonsense is a reference to the Champions League anthem!

Same rhetoric minus the Yorkshire accent.

Perhaps king should also threaten to sack staff if we don't buy.

Going by last season's sales, it seems we have around 20,000 fans that will buy no matter the political or football situation so I suspect somewhere around that figure (perhaps a bit less) will renew regardless of who the manager is.

However, despite King saying he's willing to meet any shortfall, it's imperative to his plans that he sells much closer to 35,000. That's where key appointments will prove their worth so fingers crossed they meet our expectations.

The pessimist in me thinks he knows fine well we wont get near 45k and lower than that number gives them an excuse for having no transfer kitty and needing to go with cheaper managerial options.

No matter how you play with the sums+vehicle+timeframes it seems the only viable outcome to me.

The pessimist in me thinks he knows fine well we wont get near 45k and lower than that number gives them an excuse for having no transfer kitty and needing to go with cheaper managerial options.

No matter how you play with the sums+vehicle+timeframes it seems the only viable outcome to me.

The manager will be appointed long before any final season ticket sale tally so no excuses there.

Like I say King has said he'll make up any ticketing shortfall so if we say we'll sell 30,000 then that leaves him £6.15m to find for this season on top of £12.3m brought in by those 30,000.

Edited by Frankie

The manager will be appointed long before any final season ticket sale tally so no excuses there.

Like I say King has said he'll make up any ticketing shortfall so if we say we'll sell 30,000 then that leaves him £6.15m to find for this season on top of £12.3m brought in by those 30,000.

Is the average season ticket priced at over £400? King stated at the launch that 45,000 sales would bring in roughly that £12.3m.