Killie this weekend

Not trying to start a pro PLG/anti PLG thread so this may seem a bit hypocritical, but:

Read the Metro as I was stuck on a train today and Jim Jefferies stated that he was disappointed PLG had left as SPL clubs always felt they had a chance v PLG's team especailly with the week defence. Now that WS had combatted this by bringing in Ugo and Weir he wasn't so confident. Or words to that effect.

So does anyone have an arguement to counter this opinion, without dragging it into a PLG/WS debate, as hard as I realise that may be? Try and make your points relevant to the strengths of the squads and not a manegment bashing exercise. Although I realsie the two are related in many situations.

To me it has been painfully obvious that our team under WS is a MUCH tougher nut to crack than when PLG was here.

I actually think Kris Boyd got it spot on in his interview - now that the defence aren't leaking goals the team feel they can win games because we will score in 9 out of 10 games.

When PLG was here we always knew we would CONCEDE at least one goal so even when one up we were never comfortable.

For me the 2nd reign of WS is a replica of his 1st stint - we rarely lost goals which meant that if we scored we always felt assured that we would win the game and, because of that, it bred confidence and we would be more likely to score another couple of goals.

I would think anyone would find it difficult to argue against the team just now being harder to get points off.

It also was pleasing to see that WS knew exactly where the main problems lay even before he walked in the front door of Ibrox.... something we all knew too !

So does anyone have an arguement to counter this opinion, without dragging it into a PLG/WS debate, as hard as I realise that may be? Try and make your points relevant to the strengths of the squads and not a manegment bashing exercise. Although I realsie the two are related in many situations.

Its pretty hard to counter argue this and not to bash Le Guen's management.

I suppose you could say the players didnt step up to the challenge. Svensson was / is beginning to look better. J Rod came ok last season but went 2 steps back this season and Papac only had an impressive debut. But Hemdani looked assured when playing in the back 4.

I think the 2 playing now (Weir and Ugo) are a little more up for the challenge and know that Rangers are a club you must give 100% for every game. They both may also know they are getting on a bot and for 1st team football they are going to have to be at there best as we now have a host of young centre halfs in the waiting. Webster and Svensson could be a long term partnership.

I think everyone knew we were weak at the back,hense Jeffries comments,so for some reason the only person who couldn't see it was PLG,if you don't lose goals you don't lose games,get the basics sorted out and then you can start to build a team,simple situation and WS is doing that right now.

Is McGregor fit? I see that Klos is supposedly injured now, is he on a huge appearance fee on top of his large wages?

I think McGregor is fit. I don't think Klos will play for us again. Robinson is going to be on the bench tomorrow

Played OK that half I thought. The officials are absolutely shocking though. There was no way our penalty should have been given - wasn't a foul and was outside the box. Then we had a perfectly good goal chopped off when the linesman went to sleep.

Good second goal following a great cross by Hutton - is this finally a sign that he's working on his distribution?

Seem to be playing a 4-5-1 with Fergie playing just behind Boyd, but he still has a tendancy to get drawn back towards the defence. I wouldn't say anyone's really stood out for us yet and while Killie have had a couple of chances, with McGregor making a good save at feet near the end, we look pretty comfortable.

I'd like to see our midfield try and make more of the time and space Killie are giving us. Ehiogu has gone off injured which is a shame, as it was really refreshing to see our centre halves getting stuck in on the ground and in the air, although Svensson looks to be taking a bit more of a no-nonsense approach since he came on.