Official: Warburton Appointed Manager

I've been thinking who Warburton looks like and it hit me last night - is it just me or does anyone see a resemblence to Russ Abbot ?? :)

Haha - he does a wee bit now you mention it.

As long as Bella Emberg isn't signed to play up front, that's fine... :)

I've been thinking who Warburton looks like and it hit me last night - is it just me or does anyone see a resemblence to Russ Abbot ?? :)

He does a bit!

Something about his forehead/eyebrow area puts me in mind of Terry Butcher too.

Haha - he does a wee bit now you mention it.

As long as Bella Emberg isn't signed to play up front, that's fine... :)

"Oh what an atmosphere....."

Nae worries about Big Bella....we let Jig go a couple of weeks back!!! ;)

I've very little knowledge of his past success or how Brentford played etc, but I am getting a very good impression of him.

From the interviews so far, he comes across as VERY professional & articulate - I don't think he'll take ANY shit from the players.

The same goes for the way the Board have behaved recent;y. All in, I am getting a very professional feeling again from the club - certainly much less of a media circus!!!!

Interesting comparison when reading English reports and Scottish press reports,English=A great signing by Rangers,Warburton will be successful,Scottish=He wasn't first choice,Rangers have no money,why did he choose Rangers............................................

I've very little knowledge of his past success or how Brentford played etc, but I am getting a very good impression of him.

From the interviews so far, he comes across as VERY professional & articulate - I don't think he'll take ANY shit from the players.

The same goes for the way the Board have behaved recent;y. All in, I am getting a very professional feeling again from the club - certainly much less of a media circus!!!!

I hate going on about "i know this player" etc. But I do know a player who has played under Warburton for the past season at Brentford. This guy has been a pro for 15 years and played under a number of Pemier League and Championship managers.

I can't empahasis how highly Warburton is rated and respected. And if anyone wants to go down the 'he's inexperienced' route then that just falls by the wayside. The player I know rates him higher than most, if not all managers he has played under and there were absolutely no differences in 'inexperience' which he came across with Warburton. The player is just gutted he only got to work with him for one season.

We should be massively happy with Warburton and feel genuine excitement with him at the helm.

The players are in a for a big shock - a positive one - and they will love working under him and Weir.

Interesting comparison when reading English reports and Scottish press reports,English=A great signing by Rangers,Warburton will be successful,Scottish=He wasn't first choice,Rangers have no money,why did he choose Rangers............................................

Impartiality versus prejudice.

I hate going on about "i know this player" etc. But I do know a player who has played under Warburton for the past season at Brentford. This guy has been a pro for 15 years and played under a number of Pemier League and Championship managers.

I can't empahasis how highly Warburton is rated and respected. And if anyone wants to go down the 'he's inexperienced' route then that just falls by the wayside. The player I know rates him higher than most, if not all managers he has played under and there were absolutely no differences in 'inexperience' which he came across with Warburton. The player is just gutted he only got to work with him for one season.

We should be massively happy with Warburton and feel genuine excitement with him at the helm.

The players are in a for a big shock - a positive one - and they will love working under him and Weir.

Exactly....all the reports I have read have been very positive. This has been backed up by his interviews/press conf. Same goes for SDoW.....came across very professional & dignified.

Any new manager is a gamble......even if we brought in Mourhino, Benitez or the like, there would be no guarantees they would succeed. So far Warburton & Weir appear to going about things the right way - I have been impressed.