Danny Wilson first signing?

If warburton and weir sign him we'll just have to trust that they think they can improve him

A 23 year old left footed CB with quite a lot of experience available on a free might be few and far between right now.

I don't think he's dominant or "hard" enough but he may well develop with the right coaching.

Agree 100% with that summation and it fits with everything Warburton says he looks for.

On another note, I don't care if he was signed for Vatican Victoria from St Bernadettes Boys Club. I have learned from Mo Johnston and Neil McCann that the roars are even louder when they score against that mob. And neither of them could be faulted for their effort against Selik.

We all know MacLeod and Wilson are both good players and I couldn't complain about having either of them back at the right price.
So what is your point caller?

Personally I hope that Warburton has a bit more imagination than many Rangers fans and the Scottish press.

You really think Warburton has listened to fans and the Scottish press in considering Wilson? I feel quite sad at times reading this brain numbing stuff. Davie Weir mentored the guy and has always rated him highly http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/davie-weir-is-backing-danny-wilson-to-shine-1.1042778

Why was that so difficult to work out? Blaming Warburton? I despair with our 'fans' at times. No, often actually.

The really good news for trublu and his ilk is that Warburton just strikes you as the kinda that will give a fuck who a player's daddy supports or what school he went to. Thankfully that will be way up his list of priorities rather than their ambition and ability. Welcome to knuckle draggers r us....

The really good news for trublu and his ilk is that Warburton just strikes you as the kinda that will give a fuck who a player's daddy supports or what school he went to. Thankfully that will be way up his list of priorities rather than their ambition and ability. Welcome to knuckle draggers r us....

Someone expresses their feelings about a player and you get all uptight, so much so that you resort to name-calling. Not the type of behaviour one would expect from such a progressive chap as yourself.

So what is your point caller?

You really think Warburton has listened to fans and the Scottish press in considering Wilson? I feel quite sad at times reading this brain numbing stuff. Davie Weir mentored the guy and has always rated him highly http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/davie-weir-is-backing-danny-wilson-to-shine-1.1042778

Why was that so difficult to work out? Blaming Warburton? I despair with our 'fans' at times. No, often actually.

How did that prediction work out?

I echo the sentiments of that other boy in regard to hoping that Warburton has a deeper knowledge of what players will fit his system than the Scottish public and parochial media.

What's his school got to do with what team he supports?Nothing to do with religion.

All I Said is I don't want a Celtic fan as captain. Couldn't give a fuck about his dad either

Not heard many fans of sports teams say they would like a fan of their biggest rival as captain

Get a grip

What's his school got to do with what team he supports?Nothing to do with religion.

All I Said is I don't want a Celtic fan as captain. Couldn't give a fuck about his dad either

Not heard many fans of sports teams say they would like a fan of their biggest rival as captain

Get a grip

I would imagine if a professional footballer signs for a team then who his schoolboy team was will play no role. I can state as a fact that Danny McGrain and his family were red hot Rangers supporters until Danny signed for Celtic. They always believed that Rangers wouldn't sign him because of his name. They ended up red hot Celtic supporters. I can't believe that Neil McCann is still a Celtic supporter after so many good years with us. I would have no problem with Wilson as captain as long as he shows it on and off field.

I think he's a decent player and obviously would be a huge improvement. Though at the same time all these Scottish youngsters like Wilson, Allan, Fyvie etc failed in England because they are not good enough for that level. They were all quickly farmed out to lower league sides and didn't impress, hence why they are back in Scotland. I want us to stop focusing on Scottish players unless they are kids that we can develop into top quality players.

I would like to sign both Wilson and Allan but we should be aspiring to be a decent European level side (at least capable of doing fairly well in the Europa) in a few seasons and players who don't stand out in the lower leagues of English football are nowhere near good enough for that level.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy