Danny Wilson first signing?

The problem is the players that may be considered good enough for such a level won't come while we ply our trade in this league.

As such, we will need stop gaps so players like Wilson and Allan are better 'risks' because they have shown decent potential and perhaps could step up once the squad improves further down the road.

Wilson would be an excellent signing IMHO....

He's 23, yet has a massive amount of experience Inc. European. While he didn't play much @ Liverpool, just being in & around that setup will have helped him develop. He's also had a good strong season @ Hearts, while captain of the side.

I think SDoW would be a massively positive influence on young Wilson, and could see him develop into a fantastic player.

The problem is the players that may be considered good enough for such a level won't come while we ply our trade in this league.

As such, we will need stop gaps so players like Wilson and Allan are better 'risks' because they have shown decent potential and perhaps could step up once the squad improves further down the road.

Players doing well in England are unlikely to go to any Scottish team including Celtic, in fairness. We should have a global scouting network and we seem to be making no progress there at all.

Wilson would be an excellent signing IMHO....

He's 23, yet has a massive amount of experience Inc. European. While he didn't play much @ Liverpool, just being in & around that setup will have helped him develop. He's also had a good strong season @ Hearts, while captain of the side.

I think SDoW would be a massively positive influence on young Wilson, and could see him develop into a fantastic player.

Right son!,this is how to make a tackle

2evgnyb.gif

Players doing well in England are unlikely to go to any Scottish team including Celtic, in fairness. We should have a global scouting network and we seem to be making no progress there at all.

I'd hope it's a priority and I'd imagine it will start to take shape now Warburton is in position.

I'd hope it's a priority and I'd imagine it will start to take shape now Warburton is in position.

Scouting should not have been based on Warburton coming in. It can't be something which needs to be overhauled every time that there is a managerial change as that would just be chaotic. The planning for it should have been done in all those months that they had leading up to taking over.

Scouting should not have been based on Warburton coming in. It can't be something which needs to be overhauled every time that there is a managerial change as that would just be chaotic. The planning for it should have been done in all those months that they had leading up to taking over.

Of course it should be an over-arching thing as a rule but given on this occasion it coincided with a new manager it perhaps make sense to consult with him on it.

As long as we don't have a Jackie McNamara-type contract clause I'm happy enough... :whistle:

That's why we need a Sporting Director, or DoF: someone who will implement a structure that will continue regardless of managerial change. In theory the manager will fit into the system in place, rather than a manager overhauling the system every time we change manager. I think Warburton understands this and can begin this implementation process. I think, hope a Sporting Director will be appointed sometime in the future.

With Mark Warburton unveiled as Rangers manager and David Weir as his assistant, the pressure is now on them to build Rangers a team for promotion to the Scottish Premier League.

His natural first port of call would be back to Griffin Park. The question is whether or not he will raid the coffers of his old club?

It’s no secret (and please Rangers fans don’t take this as a disrespect) that any one of the Brentford starting 11 and most of the bench would make it into Glasgow Rangers’ starting 11 (my how times have changed). So it’s more of a case of who if any of our players would fancy the move North of the border

Rumours are afoot that Warburton will be looking to sign Alfie Mawson. The Brentford academy player shone when sent on loan to Wycombe last season – earning their player of the season and being nominated for football league player of the year.

He surprisingly refused to sign a new contract with Brentford, as revealed exclusively on the Beesotted podcast in late April, and was expected to join Wycombe. However, with Warburton’s move to Rangers and the prospect of only having to pay compensation for the player (out of contract but developed by Brentford from youth), a move North of the border is highly likely.

Warburton is rumoured to have already pre-signed 4 or 5 players. Another Bees player who could be of interest to Benham is Northern Ireland international Stuart Dallas. He had an amazing season with Brentford scoring the goal of the season against Fulham and his future with The Bees looks very bright.

But with FFP looming, if Rangers were to come in with a proper offer of £2mill or so (and after the Rosler/Forshaw debacle we don’t believe Warburton would disrespect his former employer with a paltry offer) Brentford may find it hard to turn down.

Other players that Warburton might fancy? Jonathon Douglas would have been a prime target if Warburton ended up anywhere but Rangers.

Toumani Diagouraga has been a revelation at Griffin Park last season and Dijkhuizen picked him out as being a player he was impressed with. But if Rangers stump up the cash (apparently they have cash now), there could be a move up North for our man Toums.

All Rangers fans would love to see Lewis McCleod return to Ibrox. He has yet to pull on a Brentford shirt after an injury-plagued season at Griffin Park. But it is highly unlikely the Bees will let the young prospect go at this stage.

Tommy Smith is another possibility. Released by Brentford at the end of the season, don’t be surprised if ‘Uncle Tommy’ becomes the perfect addition to Warburton’s squad to get them out of the Scottish Championship.

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=16010