I know I'll get pelters for this, but a keeper who continues to make superb saves on a regular basis is David "Calamity" James. I'd be interested to see what his stats are like, as even with the odd howler, he must have a pretty good record.

I know I'll get pelters for this, but a keeper who continues to make superb saves on a regular basis is David "Calamity" James. I'd be interested to see what his stats are like, as even with the odd howler, he must have a pretty good record.

David James is Englands best goal-keeper IMO. I think on his day, he can be as good as any of the keepers mentioned but he sometimes struggles under pressure. Also did himself no favours for admitting he never done a warm up in the England game versus Denmark where he had a nightmare.

Some of the saves he pulls off are amazing and id have him in goal ahead of Lehmann. If he didnt make so much gaffs he would easy be one of the top 6 in the EPL.

What's Lehmann done wrong for Arsenal? Yes he fucked up on a few occasions during his 1st season at Arsenal but since then he hasn't put a foot wrong including a Champions League record of not conceding in 8 games.

I think people are put off by his attitude.

What's Lehmann done wrong for Arsenal? Yes he fucked up on a few occasions during his 1st season at Arsenal but since then he hasn't put a foot wrong including a Champions League record of not conceding in 8 games.

I think people are put off by his attitude.

Personally I think Lehmann is a great keeper and undoubtedly one of the top 2 or 3 in the EPL right now.

But no way is he as good as Schmeichel, nor for that matter Seaman (who I forgot, but deserves a great deal of credit).

Lehmann is a good keeper but he is like James that he makes silly errors and also has the attitutde.

His errors can be more costly to the team as he could get sent off at anytime.

But he can produce great saves - he was superb in the CL last season