Mark Warburton urged ‘to step up recruitment’

I think the players still to come in are the key signings - i.e. a couple of creative players and at least one striker.

Chances are Warburton may feel he can attract better quality in these areas later in the window, for example when the English teams decide their 25 men squads.

Edited by Frankie

We've signed 2 central defenders and a goalkeeper for the 1st team and we've got several midfielders on trial, plus we've signed 2 Academy players, so I'm comfortable with how it's going so far.

As for scouting, that's a different matter. The lack of scouts may well be hampering the new manager slightly, but I don't see a scouting system/network as being something which can be rebuilt quickly never mind overnight. It could take the Club at least 6 to 12 months to put a proper scouting system back in place with the right personnel.

Weir has told us the problem.

The club are identifying potential recruits and the management team decide which to sign but with the infrastructure being the same as old it identifies players only through the same agents that gave us the last bunch of useless players.

The best prospect so far in my mind has came from Mulholland pity its for the youth team.

Explains the Wilson's,Allan's and hallidays, irrespective of who the manager was violafc etc would have put these players forward to the club. Explains the delays, Warburton thinks the players being put forward are duff as well

Think we were all wrong when we assumed Warburton identified prospective signings for brentford he didn't it was a team effort he had final say.

We've signed 2 central defenders and a goalkeeper for the 1st team and we've got several midfielders on trial, plus we've signed 2 Academy players, so I'm comfortable with how it's going so far.

As for scouting, that's a different matter. The lack of scouts may well be hampering the new manager slightly, but I don't see a scouting system/network as being something which can be rebuilt quickly never mind overnight. It could take the Club at least 6 to 12 months to put a proper scouting system back in place with the right personnel.

are you happy with the standard so far?

Would love to know jim Stewarts honest thoughts on foderingham.

Should have been addressed by the new board on day one. No excuses as they had months of preparation to have everything ready to go.

So we employ a whole load of scouts before we bring in a manager - what if the manager thinks they are useless?

Jim Stewart has an outstanding reputation as a goalie coach over a long number of years, but I have to say that I am far from impressed with his work at our club these last few years.

From the mediocre Alexander that didnt improve one jot in his shot-stopping or distribution during his time with us (both areas that needed a lot of attention IMO), through the outrageous decision to give Simmo another year after the Dundee Utd debacle among others, to the decline in Cammy Bell since he has been with us.

As such, his thoughts on our new keeper won't hold as much credibility as it should in my view.

So we employ a whole load of scouts before we bring in a manager - what if the manager thinks they are useless?

A scouting set-up should have absolutely nothing to do with a particular manager. If he leaves after 12 months, is the whole system binned and started from scratch with the unveiling of a new appointment?

Edited by Rangersitis

are you happy with the standard so far?

Apart from Danny Wilson who we already know quite well it's almost impossible to make a proper judgement until we've actually seen them in competitive action, but yes, I'm reasonably happy so far.

Mark Warburton said he'd be looking to bring in players who would add 'value' to the squad and so far it looks to me like that's what he's done. He's brought in a 23 year old central defender who we previously sold to Liverpool for millions and he's brought in a couple of extremely promising 24 year old players from down south who were sought after by ex-EPL Clubs currently playing in the English Championship.

That's not a bad start to our rebuilding process IMO.