Mark Warburton urged ‘to step up recruitment’

We've signed 2 central defenders and a goalkeeper for the 1st team and we've got several midfielders on trial, plus we've signed 2 Academy players, so I'm comfortable with how it's going so far.

As for scouting, that's a different matter. The lack of scouts may well be hampering the new manager slightly, but I don't see a scouting system/network as being something which can be rebuilt quickly never mind overnight. It could take the Club at least 6 to 12 months to put a proper scouting system back in place with the right personnel.

The second teir of scottish football is hardly going to attract the calibre of player we really need or desire for where want to be. It is a concern though that were in the bargain basement with our signings. warburton can only do so much with them. We still need quality in the squad and for that well have to spend.

Patience is a virtue that runs not so deep with us. Well, some of us.

Generally, I fully expect that most of our signings will not exactly fall in a category that excites that many Bears. Likewise, many demanded a total change of approach. That is what we will get and the jury is very much out there whether W&W's will be a successful one. To debate it before all players have come in and a ball has been kicked is rather pointless though.

We've seen Motherwell making hash of our previous squad. While people will tell us all about how poor our players were, we may keep in mind that e.g. Ainsworth (27) has a pedigree that reads Rotherham, Aldershot, Burton Albion, Shrewsbury etc.. They also have players recently signed from Kidderminster, York, Wrexham, and Nottingham Forest. It is similar with other Premiership sides, while Scum FC slowly morphing into Dundee United. It is not the standards we should aim for, but it is the current standard of the top league in this country. And one would hope that W&W know at least the English Championship inside out and are trying to get the best around. Those signed thus far and those remaining at the club are - to a large extend - able to progress ability-wise, under the correct guidance. And one thing is for sure, W&W will provide a massive increase compared to what we've seen for a decade or so.

Ultimately, W&W will be judged on performances on the field of play. I do wonder what sort of schedule people are willing to put on that though. Two months, 6 months, etc.?

While there is certainly some credit in what you are saying there dB, it also has to be remembered that Motherwell finished 11th last season in a really poor league, hence these players with their journeymen pedigree were actually exactly what it says on the tin. Two good performances, the likes of which 'Well fans hadnt seen all season, doesnt make then good players, and certainly not good enough for where we expect and want to be.

In reality our 14-15 vintage were a broken lot, most of whom knew they were leaving anyway, and showed exactly the sort of commitment most people do while working their notice, not a lot. It was never going to take much to beat us when we look back at it in the cold light of day.

Thing is, TB, is the lot above Motherwell actually that much better than the Ironmen? Their budgets are pretty much the same, bar Aberdeen and those who sell to the Scum, plus the latter. I can actually see Hearts doing quite well up there next season with the squad they have assembled. Obviously, change on all levels is required, yet at this moment and time, I'll leave W&W attempting to get things in motion.

Dont disagree with that dB, although I heard from a good source at the weekend that Motherwell had the second lowest wage bill of all top flight clubs outwith St Mirren last season. No surprise that they came 11th and 12th if that was the case I suppose.

Brand new approach and style with the same players as last year! Need to work miracles to teach those players the courage needed to look for the ball and to handle the expectation levels.

Mutton dressed as lamb

I wonder how many of last seasons players will be in the first team ?

All part of the anticipation.