Rangers tell Graham Spiers & Chris McLaughlin they are "no longer welcome at Ibrox"

Will McLaughlin report the arrests at every game he attends this season or just Rangers ones? I think this is where the problem lies

I've no idea, on previous experience probably not. McLaughlin is biased, he seems to dislike Rangers for reasons we can only guess at, I wouldn't expect even treatment from him. I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make though.

Exactly, a BBC Sport employee urging sanity, they ain't all bad.

Of course they're not - especially the ones that support Rangers... ;)

However, that doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. It does and has done for many years. Jim Spence's actions since he left are testament to the kind of people we're dealing with - a minority perhaps but one which seems intent on causing trouble.

To be clear, I don't have a real problem with McLaughlin seeking out (or being seeked out) by SPFL match delegates with respect to fan behaviour but I do have an issue with why this doesn't happen with other clubs and it's obvious there is a difference in such treatment.

I'd hope the club will meet with the BBC ahead of Friday's game but, given this isn't a new issue, I won't hold my breath.

Here's a great example of selective reporting. Does anyone believe that if a Rangers player spat at a Peterhead player on sunday and received a two match ban it would not have been the big talking point of the week. As it is Peterhead have just put it on their Facebook page. That's the only place I can find it....

McLaughlin's report from the HIbs game

Arrests made at Hibernian v Rangers Challenge Cup match

Rangers could be in trouble with the Scottish Professional Football League due to the behaviour of some of the club's fans during their win over Hibs.

Three arrests were made after sectarian singing during Saturday's Scottish Challenge Cup tie at Easter Road Stadium.

The match delegate's report will highlight the issue as well as the use of a flare.

Rangers progressed to the second round with a 6-2 win.

Police Scotland said in a statement: "Police in Edinburgh ensured that a significant policing presence was put in place to keep the public safe during the first round of the Petrofac Training Cup between Hibernian and Rangers at Easter Road Stadium.

"Six people were arrested for various offences, of which three men aged 20, 30 and 39 were charged under the Offensive Behaviour at Football & Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 following sectarian singing.

Richard Wilson's report on the Fir Park Game

Motherwell stay up after finishing 11th

Johnson, Ainsworth & Sutton on target

Game ends in ugly brawl, three red cards and fans on pitch

Motherwell preserved their Premiership status with a second comfortable win over Rangers in four days.

Leading 3-1 from the first leg of the play-off final, the Fir Park side stretched their advantage through a deflected shot from Marvin Johnson.

Another ricochet from a Lionel Ainsworth's strike doubled the lead and John Sutton added a late penalty.

A brawl on the final whistle resulted in red cards for Rangers' Bilel Mohsni and Motherwell's Fraser Kerr.

Defender Mohsni was pushed in the back by Lee Erwin, and responded by kicking the Motherwell striker and then punching him, with Kerr then becoming involved with the Tunisian amid a melee.

Meanwhile, Motherwell fans streamed onto the pitch and ran towards the away fans to goad them.

The BBC have suggested that CM speaks to match delegates at the matches he is reporting on. Shouldn't be too difficult for the SPFL to ask their delegates at other matches covered by McLaughlin if they recall his speaking to them. If he didn't they might want to suggest to the BBC that their reporter might not be as innocent as they would like to think.