Scottish Sun Back Page

Flair in football to me, is not about entertainment, it's about the application of skill and intelligence in a variety of ways, leading to sporting excellence, and ultimately winning games. The entertainment for the fans comes from appreciation of that excellence, and also the vicarious feelings associated with your team winning or doing well.

If you think you're an entertainer rather than a footballer, then you're probably not much of a winner, and you'll have no idea how to close a game that may require some boring but clinical tactical choices.

Flair in football to me, is not about entertainment, it's about the application of skill and intelligence in a variety of ways, leading to sporting excellence, and ultimately winning games. The entertainment for the fans comes from appreciation of that excellence, and also the vicarious feelings associated with your team winning or doing well.

If you think you're an entertainer rather than a footballer, then you're probably not much of a winner, and you'll have no idea how to close a game that may require some boring but clinical tactical choices.

I agree with what you say but would only add that flair is something beyond the mundane, predictable or ordinary, it is to have a special skill, imagination, an ability do things and see opportunities that ordinary players do not.

Oh dear. Why can't we have winners that entertain. We all drool at Messi magic on the telly but dare a young British player try it then they are cocky arrogant etc. I would like to think the late great DavieCooper would say that's a nonsense. I remember a buzz whenever he got on the ball whether anything happened it was the anticipation of greatness. Warburton is creating that same buzz of expectation and if I'm not wrong I think he is setting out to entertain and win so you best get used to it

Oh dear. Why can't we have winners that entertain. We all drool at Messi magic on the telly but dare a young British player try it then they are cocky arrogant etc. I would like to think the late great DavieCooper would say that's a nonsense. I remember a buzz whenever he got on the ball whether anything happened it was the anticipation of greatness. Warburton is creating that same buzz of expectation and if I'm not wrong I think he is setting out to entertain and win so you best get used to it

I take you didn't even begin to understand my post? No idea why you quoted it...

I take you didn't even begin to understand my post? No idea why you quoted it...

I understood your post perfectly well. You say entertainment is about winning and entertainers are probably not winners. Personally I was bored shit less with the Walter Smith then ally crap that was served up even when we were successful. I want to win and be entertained.