Scottish Sun Back Page

Please report posts and ignore trolls... :)

I'm the one trolling? Who's the one likening people to monkeys, calling someone a 'deluded weirdo'. Called PMU's reply 'incredibly strange' - his favored language is to try and ridicule anyone who disagrees with him.

Since we seem to be putting our cards on the table, he has an extremely passive aggressive attitude and is constantly condescending. He admits he doesn't watch our games, rarely seem to be involved in the match threads yet comes on days later writing essays to try and explain to everyone else (the philistines presumably) exactly how things are.

If you consider me to be a troll, I would appreciate a heads up about it, because nobody has warned me about it (bar arguing with DB a while ago) and it's not my intention.

You just won't stop repeating the same made up, weirdo crap will you? I've defended Rangers all my life against those who make up stuff to attack the club, and you are probably the worst I've had to deal with.

Go back to watching your "beloved Chelsea" (don't hear you slagging them off, even though they are known for negative football), as you already said you wouldn't be watching Rangers as you don't enjoy it. Oh, but how can you even be a Chelsea supporter if you don't go to all the games?

Admin, do I really have to keep putting up with this sort of stuff? It's continual trolling and is really boring for everyone - except perhaps SBS, who seems to get a childish kick out of it.

I'll ignore this.

When? They won the Champions League doing that in 96/97 and are one of the most successful clubs in world football history.

"One of the most successful clubs in world football history". Haven't we heard that before ... about various other teams. They won the Champions League in 94/95, and the European Cup thrice on the trott from 1971 to 73 before that. They snatched the European Cupwinners Cup in 86/87, and the UEFA Cup in 91/92. Ever since (i.e. 20 years ago) they are nowhere to be seen on the scene that matters. Sure, they are a dominant force in Holland, as we are/were in Scotland. But either the style and play they prefer there does not hack it in Europe (for the best part of 20 years), or they continuously sell their best players, use wrong tactics, or have poor managers ... stuff that would be levelled at our folk.

Anyway, what you or I think on that matter is not exactly important. The facts are there in the record books. Perhaps we find an Ajax fan somehwere who can tell us why they constantly fail to be a "successful club in the world", as opposed to being a club with a great name and standing in the Dutch game.

Edited by der Berliner

SBS, Frankie didn't quote calscot and call you a troll. He made a statement which could just as easily be applied to you in terms of reporting calscot.

I think the general thrust of his post was that you both have an issue with each other so report offensive posts and then ignore each other.

"One of the most successful clubs in world football history". Haven't we heard that before ... about various other teams. They won the Champions League in 94/95, and the European Cup thrice on the trott from 1971 to 73 before that. They snatched the European Cupwinners Cup in 86/87, and the UEFA Cup in 91/92. Ever since (i.e. 20 years ago) they are nowhere to be seen on the scene that matters. Sure, they are a dominant force in Holland, as we are/were in Scotland. But either the style and play they prefer there does not hack it in Europe (for the best part of 20 years), or they continuously sell their best players, use wrong tactics, or have poor managers ... stuff that would be levelled at our folk.

Anyway, what you or I think on that matter is not exactly important. The facts are there in the record books. Perhaps we find an Ajax fan somehwere who can tell us why they constantly fail to be a "successful club in the world", as opposed to being a club with a great name and standing in the Dutch game.

Ajax are a selling club. Any time they get too good the big clubs come calling. Numerous similar examples in European football.

Ajax are a selling club. Any time they get too good the big clubs come calling. Numerous similar examples in European football.

Exactly and it used to be that youth players could come through as cover and play for a few years for the first team. Now players are being pulled away even at youth level so it will become harder and harder for a team in the less rich televised nations to win anything in Europe.

Whatever way you want to look at it, the football we played under Smith and Ally was dreadful, aside from the tail end of 2010/11. This is the same football Calscot spent years defending (and rarely watched), hence why he is trying to save face. What we are seeing now is vibrant, exciting and a joy to behold. We will be entertained now simply because we are playing entertaining football with a positive outlook.

If one of our players wants to do a rainbow flick or similar move when we are destroying the opposition, that's wonderful. You will find Eden Hazard regularly doing the same.

I think we were debating the type of 'entertainment'. Do we watch football to be entertained by a rainbow flick that does nothing to influence the result, or by soaking up the visceral feeling of the competition and win? I'm the latter. I can be entertained, or appreciate, a rainbow flick, but if it does nothing to get the win, then I'd rather not see it. If we get the flick and the win, then great!