Support your local team: Rangers v Livington preview

Personally I would have given MotM to Kiernan. Thought he had a great game

Have to agree with you Blue Mazza, strange that after a 3 - nil victory and not much for our keeper to do picking out a defender as MOTM but i also thought he had a great game, everything he done was spot on from breaking up their attacks to passing from the back. Defenders are so often overlooked.

Have to agree with you Blue Mazza, strange that after a 3 - nil victory and not much for our keeper to do picking out a defender as MOTM but i also thought he had a great game, everything he done was spot on from breaking up their attacks to passing from the back. Defenders are so often overlooked.

Yep. Danny Wilson needs to do more though, I was less than convinced by him.

I agree too - in fact Wallace, Wilson and Kiernan were our three best players for me - though Waghorn did have a decent game too.

Basically our more creative players struggled to get into the game so Kiernan tended to have a bit more of the ball than he normally would have and I think he did quite well along with some good defensive work when required.

IIRC, Kiernan used to be a midfielder so that's probably why Warburton is a fan of his giving he can play the ball out from the back.

Teams will sit deep against us, press the space in the final third to stop us passing through them and try to break up our flow with fouls and time-wasting. Livingston did that on Saturday and I expect every side we play for the rest of the season will do the same, relying on set-pieces and counter attacks.

That being the case it's important our centre-halves can pass the ball because in many cases they'll be starting our moves. We'll face two banks of five sitting around our midfield and forward line. If our defenders can only punt the ball that tactic could be effective, but if they can make a pass, carry the ball and break forward themselves then it becomes harder to implement as midfielders drop back and defenders break forward.

Or something like that.