Accessible Ticketing Group

Sunday, 13 September 2015 08:00

Accessible Ticketing Group

Written by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS is to form a 'stakeholder' group to help review the Club's Accessible Ticketing Policy and plans to improve facilities and accessibility for fans

Special ticketing arrangements for the current season will be honoured and the review will target season 2016/2017.

To assist the Board, the 'Stakeholder' group will consist of appropriate Rangers management and representatives from all disability groups from within our own fan base and, where required, external advice.

The Club recognises that Carers are also affected by access issues and should have a voice within this group to represent their views or the views of the persons they care for.

The group will meet at Ibrox to discuss and formulate proposals for improvements and will present its findings to the Board at the final meeting prior to the Start of the 2016/2017 season.

Applications are invited from any disabled patrons to submit a personal statement of what they would hope to gain from such a group on behalf of all disabled patrons and what skills or attributes they have that would benefit the process.

For future planning please indicate if there are any times you cannot attend e.g. daytimes, evening etc.

Applications should be made by:

email to disabilitymatters@rangers.co.uk

or in writing to Disability Matters, Rangers Football Club, Argyle House, Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD.

Applications to be received no later than 15th September 2015

Already applied:

For those season ticket holders who have already applied to be part of this group following season ticket renewals, thank you for your application which will still be considered with any new applications. Please note there is no need to reapply unless you feel you wish to change your personal statement in any way.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/10106-accessible-ticketing-group

Great to see this happening at last.

Absolutely and it'll be interesting to see how well it progresses & develops in terms of actual improvements.

I was in the East Enclosure quite a lot last season and something I noticed regularly was a queue of fans in wheelchairs along with their carers waiting to get into a single disabled toilet. That seems a bit out of order to me because given the number of disabled fans coming into the enclosure sections I'd have thought that a single disabled toilet is completely inadequite.

Absolutely and it'll be interesting to see how well it progresses & develops in terms of actual improvements.

I was in the East Enclosure quite a lot last season and something I noticed regularly was a queue of fans in wheelchairs along with their carers waiting to get into a single disabled toilet. That seems a bit out of order to me because given the number of disabled fans coming into the enclosure sections I'd have thought that a single disabled toilet is completely inadequite.

The upcoming UEFA requirements require 1 accessible toilet per 15 wheelchair users, the EE has 35 spaces and 1 toilet and the WE 65 spaces and 2 toilets. To be fair to Rangers they have acknowledged their shortcomings and at long last seem to taking the provision of suitable facilities seriously.

Going to be interesting seeing how Rangers are going to implement the necessary alterations in order to comply with the upcoming requirements.

The upcoming UEFA requirements require 1 accessible toilet per 15 wheelchair users, the EE has 35 spaces and 1 toilet and the WE 65 spaces and 2 toilets. To be fair to Rangers they have acknowledged their shortcomings and at long last seem to taking the provision of suitable facilities seriously.

Going to be interesting seeing how Rangers are going to implement the necessary alterations in order to comply with the upcoming requirements.

Hopefully they don't say sorry can't provide more accessible toilets in these locations, so we'll just have to restrict the number of wheelchair users to comply with the regs.

Hopefully they don't say sorry can't provide more accessible toilets in these locations, so we'll just have to restrict the number of wheelchair users to comply with the regs.

To comply to with the regulations they have to install an additional 130 spaces and of course the associated toilets and other facilities.

If they want to reduce the number of wheelchair spaces then they'll have to reduce the capacity of Ibrox or wave goodbye to playing in Europe.

A cynic may think this is the only reason the situation is being finally addressed, call me cynical if you wish.

Delighted to hear about this over the weekend and I hope Rangers investigate providing space outwith the usual ground level access which seems lazy.

They should convert the Bar 72 seats into a Disabled section that we can all be proud of.