Ian Black....

Still struggle to comprehend that we signed Black after crocking Jelavic and Diuoff then keeping him on after he was found to be betting against us winning in games he was playing.

He's probably my least ever favourite player for Rangers.

Still struggle to comprehend that we signed Black after crocking Jelavic and Diuoff then keeping him on after he was found to be betting against us winning in games he was playing.

Same for me,I still can't believe he got to sign for us!,I'll bet he can't either mind you!

The fact a player bet against us on three separate occasions and still continued to play for us pretty much sums up the last few years perfectly.

Back in the day, football magazines would occasionally need a filler and the Shrewsbury Town story would be pulled out the drawer. Shrewsbury's ground, Gay Meadow sits on a bend on the River Servern and has endured a frugal existence. They employed a chap in a coracle on a peppercorn fee to retrieve every ball cleared into the river.

Maybe Dearest Ian has been given a wicker meshed flotation and a paddle, I would bet on it?