Arsenal & Gers Aim To Improve Gedi

It was fine in the main stand at Ayr!

It was nowhere near as bad as Livorno, which is the worst soaking I have ever had, with a close second the game at the old Tynecastle around '91 or so when Hateley scored a last minute winner (1-0) and we were in the uncovered terracing behind the goal and it absolutely chucked it down all day. We were soaked in the walk from the farm about 1.5 miles away where they parked the buses in those days, never mind the standing about for 90 minutes, then the walk back. Some of our guys left a couple of minutes early to start the walk back to the bus and missed the goal so got drenched for nothing!

Is that not the slaughterhouse ? :P

It was fine in the main stand at Ayr!

It was nowhere near as bad as Livorno, which is the worst soaking I have ever had, with a close second the game at the old Tynecastle around '91 or so when Hateley scored a last minute winner (1-0) and we were in the uncovered terracing behind the goal and it absolutely chucked it down all day. We were soaked in the walk from the farm about 1.5 miles away where they parked the buses in those days, never mind the standing about for 90 minutes, then the walk back. Some of our guys left a couple of minutes early to start the walk back to the bus and missed the goal so got drenched for nothing!

Was that the match where we started singing 'you've lost that loving feeling' or something like that as it was played on the tannoy? I've this memory of being on the old open terrace at Tynecastle in horrendous weather and the entire Rangers end eventually starting to revel in it as the match went on.

Was that the match where we started singing 'you've lost that loving feeling' or something like that as it was played on the tannoy? I've this memory of being on the old open terrace at Tynecastle in horrendous weather and the entire Rangers end eventually starting to revel in it as the match went on.

It could be but I don't recall the singing specifically! Got soaked at Tynecastle a few times in late 80's/early 90's!

Livingston spoiled all our attacking play on Saturday zelalem is always wanting the ball and plays our players in for chances so to say I wouldn't play him after one game is ludicrous zelalem will get better with every game as for shiels and law they couldn't lace gedions boots

Livingston spoiled all our attacking play on Saturday zelalem is always wanting the ball and plays our players in for chances so to say I wouldn't play him after one game is ludicrous zelalem will get better with every game as for shiels and law they couldn't lace gedions boots

I didn't say I wouldn't play him, just that I wouldn't start him in the next match; because in my opinion he didn't do enough to deserve it against Livingston. Law created far more and scored in less than half an hour than Zelalem did in more than twice that time.

I didn't say I wouldn't play him, just that I wouldn't start him in the next match; because in my opinion he didn't do enough to deserve it against Livingston. Law created far more and scored in less than half an hour than Zelalem did in more than twice that time.

And you believe that is the best way to get the best out of a young player?

I don't think dropping him would do his game or confidence any harm. I didn't see the game on Saturday against Livi but if he was poor then a wee wake up call could perhaps lift his game to another level. If he did allow it to let his game suffer then I'd be questioning his mentality and so would Wenger.

YES, I think he needs to know he is not an automatic selection; and putting him on the bench occasionally isn't exactly sending him to purgatory.

In fact if he has anything about him then it should increase his desire to perrform well when he starts or comes off the bench.

YES, I think he needs to know he is not an automatic selection; and putting him on the bench occasionally isn't exactly sending him to purgatory.

In fact if he has anything about him then it should increase his desire to perrform well when he starts or comes off the bench.

So a solitary poor performance merits being placed on the bench ? I could understand your reasoning if it were 3 or 4 continuous games where he under-performed but a solitary poor performance, in a game where there were plenty of other under-performers, makes little sense to me.