HMRC lose again

sorry about my naughty word

I dont know what word you used, but I cant believe there is an adjective for they scummy bawbags that is not allowed to be used on a Rangers site!

I'm guessing it was the "F" word that they frequently use as an adjective for themselves, and that Police advise is troublesome only when used with other adjectives or in an abusive context.

I can call a celtic fan a "F" as long as it is not derogotary. e.g. we are playing the F next week is ok, but Brown is a dirty F B is not. And we wonder why the courts are so inconsistent with the application of the SNP's flagship piece of legislation.

I dont know what word you used, but I cant believe there is an adjective for they scummy bawbags that is not allowed to be used on a Rangers site!

I'm guessing it was the "F" word that they frequently use as an adjective for themselves, and that Police advise is troublesome only when used with other adjectives or in an abusive context.

I can call a celtic fan a "F" as long as it is not derogotary. e.g. we are playing the F next week is ok, but Brown is a dirty F B is not. And we wonder why the courts are so inconsistent with the application of the SNP's flagship piece of legislation.

imagine the response if at the next old firm game we had a huge banner saying.....

celtic fans are NOT "F"

they do not believe in the cause or actions of the IRA.

they cant have it both ways after all!

They can. They are not normal and live in their own universe.

The great problem is that there is no definite rule on these things and words and each policeman and each sheriff is essentially applying the "discriminatory babble" - bill as they see fit on the day and the person.

imagine the response if at the next old firm game we had a huge banner saying.....

celtic fans are NOT "F"

they do not believe in the cause or actions of the IRA.

That's quite an interesting point because when this was under discussion it was quite clear that singing songs in support of proscribed organisations was an offence but I strongly questioned why singing songs opposed to the singing of such offensive songs was also regarded as offensive; an entirely illogical concept in my opinion.

Unfortunately that's where politics and what was regarded as even handed policing departed from all logic; a fact that the police admitted at the time but advocated that position nonetheless.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

As of March 2015 ...

PROSCRIPTION CRITERIA

Under the Terrorism Act 2000, the Home Secretary may proscribe an organisation if she believes it is concerned in terrorism. For the purposes of the Act, this means that the

organisation:

• commits or participates in acts of terrorism;

• prepares for terrorism;

• promotes or encourages terrorism (including the unlawful glorification of terrorism); or

• is otherwise concerned in terrorism.

LIST OF PROSCRIBED GROUPS LINKED TO NORTHERN IRELAND RELATED TERRORISM (alphabetical order)

Continuity Army Council

Cumann na mBan

Fianna na hEireann

Irish National Liberation Army

Irish People's Liberation Organisation

Irish Republican Army

Loyalist Volunteer Force

Orange Volunteers

Red Hand Commando

Red Hand Defenders

Saor Eire

Ulster Defence Association

Ulster Freedom Fighters

Ulster Volunteer Force

It is rather clear by context that those who indulge in IRA-okes at the Scumhut or wherever the Yahoos play, that they hardly refer to any Irish freedom fighting like the US of A did to gain independence. How they get e.g. away with it in Europe (note the thread on the Main Board*) and for years without being punished for continuous violation of their rules is beyond me.

Proscribed Organisations

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/417888/Proscription-20150327.pdf (opens PDF)

* http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?72920-tims-2-Ajax-1-H-T-we-need-to-be-there&p=588328#post588328

Edited by der Berliner

• 3 weeks later...