Gough a Global Ambassador

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10164-gough-named-global-ambassador

RANGERS Football Club today confirms Richard Gough is to act as a Global Ambassador for the club.

The legendary 9-in-a-row captain, who won every major domestic honour with Rangers, returns to the club he served with great distinction during the Graeme Souness and Walter Smith eras.

A firm favourite with supporters around the world, Richard – who is based in America – will represent Rangers in an official capacity going forward with a specific focus on increasing the club's profile overseas.

Richard, who will also liaise with supporters, said: "It was an honour and privilege to represent Rangers for many years and win so many honours as captain, so of course I am delighted to play a part in the club’s on-going development.

"I enjoyed the best years of my career at Ibrox and I will do all I can to help promote Rangers.

"This 143-year old institution is on the way back. At the helm we now have good, solid Rangers men with the club's best interests at heart and I am thrilled to assist their rebuilding work.

"The supporters deserve a Rangers they can be proud of again and I will assist Dave King and the Board in any way possible."

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson added: "Richard is a Rangers icon and he can help raise the club's profile around the world.

"He will promote the club in a variety of ways in his role as Global Ambassador and can act as a conduit between the club and NARSA.

"Richard has always enjoyed a strong relationship with supporters and has the respect of everyone within the game so we are delighted to have him on board."

Good move.

Why must every piece include the '140 year old' in it? Trying far too hard.

For the same reasons the other sided try to use "sevco" or "new club" I guess..... say something often enough and it sticks. No harm fighting fire with fire. We have all the authorities, plus sane-minded people, on our side....

For the same reasons the other sided try to use "sevco" or "new club" I guess..... say something often enough and it sticks. No harm fighting fire with fire. We have all the authorities, plus sane-minded people, on our side....

It's a common yahoo tactic - repeat a lie often enough and people will start to believe it.

If the Gentleman that is Brian Laudrup says Gough was the main person in the dressing room then that says it all.

In todays market Gough would be a 30 million pound defender.

But is he a Global Ambassador?

What skill set is needed to perform such a role?

I trust this is an unpaid position that will allow him to "do all (he) can to help promote Rangers".