Brahim Hemdani

Thanks to CM for starting the thread and all who agreed and posted their own messages. Very much appreciated.

Truth is that I went in for what should have been a relatively straightforward parathyroidectomy (removal of an overactive parthyroid gland) day surgery, that has caused excess calcium in the blood which in turn leads to osteoporosis.

Unfortunately despite various scans pointing the way, the surgeon could not find the slippery bastard where it was expected to be but he found one within the thyroid gland itself and took out half of the thyroid itself (hemithyroidectomy) with the lump and also an "abnormal" Adenoma https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenoma he found behind the carotid artery. Either way both have been excised and pathology results awaited.

I was kept in overnight and discharged today.

The good or bad news depending on your viewpoint is that he managed to miss my vocal chords which are millimetres from the glands (so I can still talk) and the carotid artery or I wouldn’t be typing this message now.

Managed to catch the last 10 minutes of the match on my phone after visiting time and was comforted by Tavernier getting me 4 points in the Prediction League.

Thanks again for all kind messages.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Cmon,it was nothing more than a lighthearted commentFS.

I think you are taking SteveC's comment too seriously :D

As for when we can start being rude to him again, I would say we should never have stopped :D