Mark Warburton: Rangers not miles away from Celtic

As much as I luv MW to bits but marks a wee bit out here only my opinion though, this team are a good way Off from challenging the jungles we saw what st Johnstone did to us, were only 12/13 weeks in theres a good wee bit to go yet, personally were far too light and need at least four players before we go up and where the magic hat is getting Wilson has been outstanding baffles me.

I think the team has a youthful look at the moment, what I would like to see is an experienced head in there. Eustace may well be that guy. IMO that may bring us on another step. Miller should be but he isn't first pick so cant influence during the 90 mins.

Its still a new team which will grow over the winter months. Warburton will have a better idea in December of what he needs to add.

There is something not right with Celtic (quite a lot actually), perhaps a 4th year with no Rangers is dragging them back even more. They will likely still win the top flight as Aberdeen will fizzle out but id be much more confident playing Celtic this season than last.

I think the team has a youthful look at the moment, what I would like to see is an experienced head in there. Eustace may well be that guy. IMO that may bring us on another step. Miller should be but he isn't first pick so cant influence during the 90 mins.

Its still a new team which will grow over the winter months. Warburton will have a better idea in December of what he needs to add.

There is something not right with Celtic (quite a lot actually), perhaps a 4th year with no Rangers is dragging them back even more. They will likely still win the top flight as Aberdeen will fizzle out but id be much more confident playing Celtic this season than last.

Celtic have been selling off all of their good players, it's as simple as that. I imagine they must have a lot of cash reserves at the moment, as soon as they have some competition from us they will be ready to spend if so.

Celtic have been selling off all of their good players, it's as simple as that. I imagine they must have a lot of cash reserves at the moment, as soon as they have some competition from us they will be ready to spend if so.

Dont think the will have any cash in reserve,hence the flogging of anyone of value.

They posted multi million pound losses for last year.A wage bill of circa 20,00000 is crippling them.Shame.

If they've done that then that's one helluva gamble is it not?

Don't forget too that Liewell said it was costing them £10m per season not having us in the top division with them. Consider that along with their much lower attendances and their CL money will be well eaten into I'd think.

I also don't believe some of the transfer fees quoted for some of the players sold either. I think sell-on fees, signing-on fees, agents fees etc are often included. Does anyone seriously think Van DIjk quadrupled his value in Scottish football in two years in a top division which is a one horse race? And getting thumped in Europe?

I have to admit I feel we are miles away, we got dreadfully found out in that game and looked pish. Football is as someone once said 'a funny old game' which is true.

Rangers have started the season well and steamrollered clubs in this league then we go somewhere in a league above and get wiped out, last season under an Ally McCoist team we dumped them with boring tactics (and some skill). Yeah...it really is a funny old game.

We were bad on Tuesday against a so called crap side, got shown up if truth be told.