U20: St Johnstone 0 Rangers 2

Agreed on both counts.

Clark is coming back from injury so that will have been the reason in his case.

Hardie looked the part in the few outings he got last season.

Personally I would have Waghorn on the right and either Clark or Hardie in the middle ahead of Miller, and Mackay on the left; but that isn't going to happen with Oduwa apparently guaranteed a start.

Has to be Hardie, Clark simply is nowhere near the required standard, one of the worst if not the worst footballer we have on the books, giving him game time ahead of Hardie is pointless.

He's barely 18, give him a chance and some of the stuff Waghorn takes to beef him up a bit. :D

I know he's only 18, I was merely pointing out what he needs to do to succeed in my opinion :)

Edited by Chibmark

Im tipping McKay to start in a lot of our games if temps had his speed and chased back like McKay temps would feature a lot more..

Barrie McKay has played in every game this season and started every League and Challenge Cup match (but only played the full 90 mins in 3). Coincidentally or not the match he played least time in was the only one we lost. I'd argue the return has been reasonable if not spectacular with 2 goals and 4 assists in 8 League matches, 3 goals and 7 assists in 13 games. The 2 League goals came in the 2 games he played the full 90 minutes, you'd need to ask the Manager whether he got the full 90 because he scored or the other way around.

After being sent out on loan twice? I'm sure the more he plays the more confidence he well get and the better the return will be.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/leistungsdaten/spieler/208934'>http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/leistungsdaten/spieler/208934

However, his record is somewhat better than Oduwa who has only 3 assists and no goals in 10 games

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/barrie-mckay/leistungsdaten/spieler/208934

For comparison Zelalem has no goals and 5 assists in 7 games.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gedion-zelalem/leistungsdaten/spieler/228370

This is another "wrong thread" but it will do for now :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Trust me when I say McKay is a different boy altogether since he arrived on the scene. I'm five minutes away from MP and went to all the reserve games and McKay thought hed been a rangers player for years. He was lazy and wouldn't help out the way he does now so i reckon we farmed him out to bring his ego back down to planet earth....

Agreed on both counts.

Clark is coming back from injury so that will have been the reason in his case.

Hardie looked the part in the few outings he got last season.

Personally I would have Waghorn on the right and either Clark or Hardie in the middle ahead of Miller, and Mackay on the left; but that isn't going to happen with Oduwa apparently guaranteed a start.

Clark couldn't hit a coo in the erse with a banjo.

I wanted to give him time but the more time he gets the more he proves he isn't up to the job. He really isn't of the desired standard and I just cant see him improving to the point he would be.

Trust me when I say McKay is a different boy altogether since he arrived on the scene. I'm five minutes away from MP and went to all the reserve games and McKay thought hed been a rangers player for years. He was lazy and wouldn't help out the way he does now so i reckon we farmed him out to bring his ego back down to planet earth....

That is also the story doing the rounds

We all grow up sometime. It happens to many when they get children themselves, I guess it happened to McKay after his loan periods and when we got rid of Ally and brought Warburton in. I don't think Ally could spot talent until a player was over 30.

Edited by pete