He's on...

80 league goals

8 Scottish Cup

5 Challenge Cup

3 League Cup

2 Champions Lge

...and 1 Premiership play-off goal.

TOTAL: 99 Tom Miller is spot on, transfermarket.com isn't. :laugh2:

... after looking at it in the morning, the difference most likely stems from TM apparently started counting their starts from 00/01 onwards. Most likely because electronic data for national championships and cups was harder to come by before that date (i.e. you would have pay people start scanning all sorts of stats and files for it). After 00/01, they are indeed rather detailed and pretty reliable.

Edited by der Berliner

Marco Negri would have got there in a season and a half had he not disappeared!

There is some unbelievable goals to games ratios in the early part of last century. That's something I always look for also. Highest doesn't always mean greatest. I heard a few on Talksport saying Rooney is Englands greatest ever goalscorer - I disagree, I say he their highest goalscorer. Jimmy Greaves got 44 in 57 games so that is a great record IMO.

Edited by Gribz

If Miller is on 99, he could be on at least 3 times that from chances put on a plate for him.

If he had scored 297 goals for Rangers from his 238 games he'd be playing in Spain or for Man U.

Edited by Bearman

is it really 238 games that waster has played for us? big sigh.

Thankfully!,Miller has been excellent for Rangers since MW came in,you really shouldn't allow your hatred for Miller get in the way of what he has done as a Rangers player, especially in the Warburton era!

Edited by ian1964

Thankfully!,Miller has been excellent for Rangers since MW came in,you really shouldn't allow your hatred for Miller get in the way of what he has done as a Rangers player, especially in the Warburton era!

It is only your opinion he has been excellent. My opinion is he has been a waste of a shirt. I can analyse any of his performances to back up my point. Neither your nor my opinion matters, we are simply Bears on a forum.

I don't hate him btw, I was jumping about daft at his goal on Saturday, I simply don't like his style of play and believe he is holding the team back.

We all want the strongest possible Rangers team out every week, and we all have different opinions as to how that team should be made up. I don't see the big deal.

It is only your opinion he has been excellent. My opinion is he has been a waste of a shirt. I can analyse any of his performances to back up my point. Neither your nor my opinion matters, we are simply Bears on a forum.

I don't hate him btw, I was jumping about daft at his goal on Saturday, I simply don't like his style of play and believe he is holding the team back.

We all want the strongest possible Rangers team out every week, and we all have different opinions as to how that team should be made up. I don't see the big deal.

Thing is,no matter our opinions nobody can deny the facts!

Tannoch my friend.

Miller was 'ordinary' in his first stint, his 2nd stint was much better even although he had betrayed us by signing for them before that. This, his final stint saw him join a club in disarray from top to bottom, a change of board and the W&W connection has given him a massive boost. That goal on Saturday sums the man up for me. I'll never forget his goals at Hampden last season in the SF and Final, he delivered in those games.

The thing about Miller, for me anyway, is his total commitment to our cause, the player has been exceptional and this rubs off on the younger players in the squad. There's a picture out there somewhere showing the sheer delight on young Rossiter's face moments after his late winner against Motherwell. Got to love him.

Ive certainly been a Miller fan (not the beer) over the years. Second stint was by far the most effective though. At the moment his game has changed a lot due to age but he is still getting important goals and his experience, attitude and contribution is what is key right now. His composure for the goal on Saturday was good to see.

He is has been this millennia's version of Gordon Durie - while not a prolific scorer he can offer a lot upfront.

Edited by Gribz