Bell & Templeton

I think Bell is a good keeper, that like so many last season, we did not see the best of. I am still not overly impressed with Wes, and he would struggle to make my top 10 Rangers keepers in the last 25 year, and while sufficient for where we are now, does not look like a keeper to win us matches/titles.

I'd keep them both. Bell as a decent back-up, and Temps, on his day -- admittedly few and far between -- is a good winger. We're quite short on wingers anyway. I'd keep Temps and hope to see Assulin sign.

Templeton has proven himself as unreliable - both performance and fitness wise. We cannot afford to keep him in my view.

Hoping to have an Assulin article tomorrow from a friend of his. :)

I think Bell is a good keeper, that like so many last season, we did not see the best of. I am still not overly impressed with Wes, and he would struggle to make my top 10 Rangers keepers in the last 25 year, and while sufficient for where we are now, does not look like a keeper to win us matches/titles.

Bell's a reasonable shot-stopper but doesn't convince me in other areas. Foderingham is probably the opposite - good in the air and with the ball at his feet but doesn't look quite as reliable saving shots.

The latter certainly fits into our system much better as it stands but that may change as the opposition improves.

Bell's a reasonable shot-stopper but doesn't convince me in other areas. Foderingham is probably the opposite - good in the air and with the ball at his feet but doesn't look quite as reliable saving shots.

The latter certainly fits into our system much better as it stands but that may change as the opposition improves.

Wont argue with much of that Frankie, aside from I dont really see Wes as being that great with his feet, and his distribution I think needs some work as when he takes a cross and looks to break quickly, he always seems to miss the one Rangers player in space! There is no point leaving two/three players up when defending set pieces if the keeper cant hit any of them with an early ball.

Neither of the two main keepers on our books seem capable of pulling off match-winning saves that they had no right to get to, and that is the difference at the top level and worth a good few points over a tight season, and perhaps even get you through an extra round in Europe/cups and IMO neither will be good enough once we are established back at the top but may suffice for this and next season.

Bell might have a future at the club but that'll mean fitness and probably injury or major loss of form for Foderingham. He's an ok keeper but lacks 'presence'. Templeton is surely out of chances. He's had flashes and should fit into the current system well enough. But he's been so utterly awful for such long periods of time that he'll only ever be retainable as a squad player as he can't be relied on. Greeting to the media (or getting his old man to) whilst continuing to play like Douglas Bader hardly contributes to his case either.

Wont argue with much of that Frankie, aside from I dont really see Wes as being that great with his feet, and his distribution I think needs some work as when he takes a cross and looks to break quickly, he always seems to miss the one Rangers player in space! There is no point leaving two/three players up when defending set pieces if the keeper cant hit any of them with an early ball.

Neither of the two main keepers on our books seem capable of pulling off match-winning saves that they had no right to get to, and that is the difference at the top level and worth a good few points over a tight season, and perhaps even get you through an extra round in Europe/cups and IMO neither will be good enough once we are established back at the top but may suffice for this and next season.

I think Wes' distribution is superb to be honest. Yes it was a bit ropey early doors at times but, for the most part, he's really comfortable and effective on the ball.

I do take the point about match-winning saves though but I think both Bell and Wes have done well on that front now and again. It's also quite difficult to judge Foderingham with respect to match-winning saves as, currently, he's had so little to do - other than recycle possession.

Templeton only started back running end of last week or start of this week I believe. Maybe the cold weather will harden up his chocolate ankles.

For me though, the sooner he's off the wage bill the better.

Templeton only started back running end of last week or start of this week I believe. Maybe the cold weather will harden up his chocolate ankles.

For me though, the sooner he's off the wage bill the better.

This is good news,as long as its in any direction AWAY from Ibrox.

Foderingham is far better than Bell. I don't agree Bell is a better shot stopper at all. Foderingham commands the box and distributes from the back as well. Some of the crossfield passes Roussou was on about have actually come from him in kick outs.

A few heart in mouth moments of Scorpion proportions earlier in the season and one last night mind you but as long as Fod. is here Bell will be number 2