Livi, We Hardly Knew Ye

@johndcgow: Mark Burchill on SSB says Nathan Oduwa is an "English footballer" & Kieron Gibbons is "one of our own" so we shouldn't be on to Gibbons.

Did he seriously say that ? What an absolute tit of a man. No surprise he played for THEM.

The tackle on Oduwa after 6 seconds last night would have resulted in AT LEAST a yellow, if not a red, anywhere but in this backwater known as Scottish football. And Burchill should be ashamed of not only those comments but also the manner in which he sent his team out to play last night - Livvy literally took the game backwards 40 years last night to the days of kicking lumps out of each other being acceptable. I am all for trying to get results as best you can, but within the laws of the game - on another night Livvy could have had THREE men sent off just for the assaults on Oduwa alone - the forearm smash could easily have been considered a red too.

Disgraceful.

But absolutely despicable to hear Burchill come away with those comments. I have zero respect for him.

@johndcgow: Mark Burchill on SSB says Nathan Oduwa is an "English footballer" & Kieron Gibbons is "one of our own" so we shouldn't be on to Gibbons.

Driving home tonight, I heard Mark Burchill play the nationalist card.

I think it was Oscar Wilde who was of the opinion that nationalism was the last resort of the scoundrel.

Leaving Ibrox last evening, I listened to BBC Radio Scotland and both Chick Young and Derek Ferguson were of the opinion that the Gibbons tackle was nothing to write home about. He was up here to toughen up and by half time, he had been found wanting. The available TV evidence has left a few of the usual suspects with egg on their collective face.

I never managed to see the game but the trend recently has been to park the bus and try and stop us by any means. Hopefully Tuesday was a deep point before someone gets seriously hurt. This must make English clubs think twice about sending their players up to Scotland.

Edited by pete

Burchill more or less admitted Gibbons should have been off

but he took no responsibility for it himself

Considering the number of fouls they committed, you wonder how they prepared for this game.

I think the studs to ankle tackle on oduwa was deliberate

and later on there was another go at the same ankle on the edge of the box. Perp was booked maybe

but apart from that the ref was culpable of allowing this to happen

The SFA got to intervene

Edited by colinstein

That is actionable, really, if true.

As celtc fans as apt to comment, should one replace 'English' footballer with 'Jewish' or 'black' footballer, charges would certainly follow.

Further, if Burchill that if he thinks that some kind of SNP card makes that kind of shite acceptable he's sorely, sorely mistaken.

Burchill more or less admitted Gibbons should have been off

but he took no responsibility for it himself

Considering the number of fouls they committed, you wonder how they prepared for this game.

I think the studs to ankle tackle on oduwa was deliberate

and later on there was another go at the same ankle on the edge of the box. Perp was booked maybe

but apart from that the ref was culpable of allowing this to happen

The SFA got to intervene

I agree. The SFA have to intervene. Is that not what the compliance officer is for?

Dive and you might get a ban but go out & committ the sort of foul we saw last night and nothing happens.

Where is the sense in that?