Dave King Statement RE: Retail deal

First and foremost, it tells us that he and the board are doing their jobs. Secondly, I doubt that he has shown such sort of tangible enmity untowards them before. SD is getting it left, right and centre these days and AFAIK, Ashley and Co. are owning roughly 55% of SD these days. It seems that the rest of the stake-/shareholders are less than happy with the proceedings right now. Just MHO, of course

Edited by der Berliner

Overall, Dave King's statement is short on info and it's almost impossible to read between the lines, but there's actually quite a lot of information in just those two sentences alone.

On second reading of the statement, it doesn't clarify much but does say something, that is club is in a legal fight with Ashley?

I suspect we are stuck with it for the length of the deal.

Maybe not!

“In my 40 years of business I cannot recollect having dealt with a public company that is run more like a wholly owned family business and appears unconcerned with other stakeholders - partners or otherwise.

“It remains my intention to ensure that Sports Direct is legally and financially held accountable for its failures.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chairman-dave-king-says-6717065