Warburton scoffs at Kevin Nolan links...

Nolan was a real quality attacking midfielder until a couple of years ago, who banged goals in left, right and centre and I would definitely have him ahead of Eustace, even though they play different positions. Nolan is 10 times the player Eustace ever was and is almost 3 years younger. That said, given we're in the second tier in a league we're going to run away with, I don't see the point in signing him just now, particularly given he's going to have limited use for the SPL. If we were currently in the SPL challenging for the title and European participation, I would probably be more receptive to this idea. I haven't seen him play for a while, though it's only last season he was a regular in the Premiership. That's a much higher level than we normally look at.

Whilst I want us to have a young team, we should definitely have a few older players and if we want ones who have been successful at the highest level, we're not going to be signing them anywhere near the peak of their career. Claudio Caniggia, for example, is a signing that worked out well, who we never would have signed in the vintage of his career.

Well, the training galleries will make sure that we know "all about it" in the coming days.

As for Nolan, always liked to have him as a dark horse in one of my Fantasy League teams. Can play in attacking or central midfield, as well as behind a striker. All depends how fit he is.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-nolan/profil/spieler/3950

It may well be the manager fancies both players but given his age he may also want to convert Nolan into a more defensive midfielder - especially if Eustace's injury has returned.

I had that thought as well, but in any event I think he would be an outstanding signing, he's a quality EPL player who should have a couple of seasons left in him, Eustace is a quality Championship player who's at the end of the line.

Anyway, seems unlikely for the reasons given by a few posters; but he's someone I've seen play for West Ham and I'd want to watch in a Rangers shirt; can anyone truthfully say that about Eustace?

Edited by BrahimHemdani